"FUZZ BOX" 1966 in Practical Electronics nr 7

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

HorseyBoy

Re: "FUZZ BOX" 1966 in Practical Electronics nr 7

Post by HorseyBoy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:09 pm

jerms wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:22 pm
the last line of the response to the letter is great “if any such unit gave a sustain effect then any note played would carry on to give a cataclysmic dischord if the next note was played soon after”... sounds cool to me!!! i may have to breadboard this to try to attain that!😄
I love the line before that, too: "The true sustain effect is not only unattainable but undesirable." Give me dat spitty decay all day and night! :freakout:
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:28 pm

jerms wrote:
the last line of the response to the letter is great “if any such unit gave a sustain effect then any note played would carry on to give a cataclysmic dischord if the next note was played soon after”... sounds cool to me!!! i may have to breadboard this to try to attain that!😄
Yea, that sounds like no fun, Mr Scibor-Rylski...
vanguard

Post by vanguard » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 am

jerms wrote:
Yeah, dude. Post findings! I may have to try it too; even if it isn't awesome as drawn, perhaps it could be adjusted to kick some ass. May be noisy af.
mozz

Post by mozz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:10 am

There is a RCA hobby book from the 70's(on the web somewhere) that had a schematic for a fuzz, 2 or 3 transistor, which I built way back in 76'. Made my Teisco a screamer (and massive feedbacker), we used to call it the hendrix box.