Enclosure painter/printer Europe?

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

Sonofthunder

Enclosure painter/printer Europe?

Post by Sonofthunder »

I'm trying to find a reliable source to get enclosures painted/printed in Europe. I know a lot of people in the US use Mammoth electronics for this, but the import taxes and shipping costs totally screw up ordering from the USA. Are there are companies within the European Union that are reliable for this kind of work? Not really stoked on trying to be a screenprinter myself :badteeth:
Good things, come to those who hate.
Dr Tony Balls

Re: Enclosure painter/printer Europe?

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Sonofthunder wrote:I'm trying to find a reliable source to get enclosures painted/printed in Europe. I know a lot of people in the US use Mammoth electronics for this, but the import taxes and shipping costs totally screw up ordering from the USA. Are there are companies within the European Union that are reliable for this kind of work? Not really stoked on trying to be a screenprinter myself :badteeth:
Not sure if its any better in terms of import and shipping, but you might try looking at Pedalpartsplus here in the states.
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

I would look for powder coater in your area. Small metal shops sometimes do it as well, so you could get them drilled while you're at it. Then find a screen printer to finish the job. The starting cost isn't cheap, but might be worth it if you make more than a few.
Make sure that both places are within a reasonable distance, so you can pay them a visit to "negotiate" when things go wrong. Don't ask me how I know... :hihi:
Condolences, the bums lost!
peps1

Post by peps1 »

Yes, look for metal fabricators in your area, if they dont do the powdercoating in house they will be able to point you in the direction of who they use, and same with screen printing.

But as already mentioned the cost of setting up screens can be very expensive and not worth it for smaller runs, in that case you may want to look at other options like laser/CNC cut face-plates or anodised metal badges.
Laundromat wrote: Make sure that both places are within a reasonable distance, so you can pay them a visit to "negotiate" when things go wrong. Don't ask me how I know... :hihi:
This is excellent advice!
Sonofthunder

Post by Sonofthunder »

I have already looked into getting enclosures powdercoated, but the thing is... I have a buddy who gets his enclosures premade at Mammoth Electronics in the US (but he also lives in the US, so that practical for him) and they come painted, printed and pre drilled. I have to admit that love building/wiring pedals up, but the painting/drilling is the part I hate the most :badteeth: Hence I'm trying to find a company that can do that over here in Europe, like Mammoth does.

Thanks for the tips though. :crackjam:
Good things, come to those who hate.