Can this battery harm the fuzz?

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

norhyme

Can this battery harm the fuzz?

Post by norhyme »

I recently bought some batteries that deliver crazy 9.8V :paranoid:
Can this voltage do harm to my pedals? Should I rather not put one of these in my 1966 or Head Buzz or...D*A*M MkII :hmm: ?

“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
daCod

Post by daCod »

Narp. Every dollar store battery I buy reads over 10v and I've yet to have any problems.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
norhyme

Re:

Post by norhyme »

daCod wrote:Narp. Every dollar store battery I buy reads over 10v and I've yet to have any problems.
:tu: thanks Cody!
:cheers:
“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
stella_blues

Re: Can this battery harm the fuzz?

Post by stella_blues »

If in doubt, put the batteries in a delay pedal for a few minutes, that'll drain the power pretty fast :hihi:
sir h c

Post by sir h c »

When you put a load of a pedal on the battery they will go down some because there is a built in resistance in the pedal.
norhyme

Post by norhyme »

sir h c wrote:When you put a load of a pedal on the battery they will go down some because there is a built in resistance in the pedal.
Thanks- cool - was just wondering if higher the voltage could possibly harm the transistors :hmm: but yall seem to be sure it won't. Anyway these batteries make some fuzzes sound over the top...maybe I'm just more used to the 9.5 V and lower batteries...I'll try to drain then a bit :badteeth:

:cheers:
sir h c

Post by sir h c »

In general 9V batteries are usually 9.6V, and most designs should be made with a 20% margin, so that would be 12V minimum (and then those tolerances have margins...)
peps1

Post by peps1 »

Those Hi-Watt E6F22MX heavy duty zinc chloride battery are my personal battery of choice, I buy them by the box full!