Lead vs lead-free solder

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

Radiotron

Re: Lead vs lead-free solder

Post by Radiotron »

I didn’t mean to come off as a jerk by the way, it’s just that it takes all of 10 seconds to find what you’re looking for, you had all the right words in the right order in your post above.

I always see it as a sign of good manners when someone puts in at least some effort before asking for help.

None of us were born with the knowledge and skills we have today.
It’s a slow process and sometimes the best way to learn is to do it yourself :tu:
Radiotron

Post by Radiotron »

I fondly remember my brother and his friend, age 10, trying to hook up an old doorbell on the kitchen counter without using a stepdown transformer.
Damn did that thing ring fast and loud before blowing up with a big flash and a ball of smoke, you should have seen the look on his face, priceless :hihi:

That’s when my dad taught us you should always check the required voltage and select a suitable transformer, wise man :yessir:
(sorry for derailing your thread, carry on)
daCod

Post by daCod »

Radiotron wrote:I fondly remember my brother and his friend, age 10, trying to hook up an old doorbell on the kitchen counter without using a stepdown transformer.
Damn did that thing ring fast and loud before blowing up with a big flash and a ball of smoke, you should have seen the look on his face, priceless :hihi:
this is awesome :crackjam:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

Radiotron wrote:Google>Fume extraction fan> it's magic (insert emoji sprinkling fairy dust, we don't have one, do we?)
Clearly i've googled it, i'm not an idiot.

what i'm looking for is a recommendation, you know, i have this one and its great or i bought this one and it was rubbish, doesn't work etc...

if every time someone came on here and asked for a recommendation on a fuzz or any other thing and everyone simply replied google it, well it wouldn't exactly be the place it is now would it...?
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon