Xvive Audio MN3005 BBD

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

thebends9

Xvive Audio MN3005 BBD

Post by thebends9 »

I'm wondering how this chip stacks up to the old Panasonic MN3005 other than name alone. Has anyone had any experience using the above?
I have a chance to get a delay built using this chip and I'd love to hear some feedback.
The Captain wrote: If you find a 'fake' transistor in a D*A*M pedal I will literally eat my own dick. Confident I am.
stella_blues

Re: Xvive Audio MN3005 BBD

Post by stella_blues »

Ive not tried either version but there was a huge thread on TGP about the EHX memory man 1100. The version with "tap tempo"printed on it uses the Panasonics and go for a hell of a lot of dough second hand. The newer version printed as "TT" has the Xvive chips

You'll prob want to skip the first 15-20 pages......

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... 5.1636340/
thebends9

Post by thebends9 »

Thanks. Think Im going to steer clear
The Captain wrote: If you find a 'fake' transistor in a D*A*M pedal I will literally eat my own dick. Confident I am.
Scruffie

Post by Scruffie »

I'm a circuit designer and repair tech and have compared both Panasonic & Xvive chips and they stack up just fine, very little if anything audible in it, it's the surrounding circuit that's important.

I've even put a cool audio 571 and xvive MN3005 chips in a vintage deluxe memory man before and what do you know, it still sounded like a vintage deluxe memory man.
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

I think Steve over at Small Bear gave them a good test (including sending some to Ed Rembold at Toneczar) and found them OK. Obviously that doesn't mean everything made with them is OK though :coffee:
beaton.r

Post by beaton.r »

Got 2 lots of Mad Bean kits coming that I'll be using Xvive chips with - will report back!
thebends9

Post by thebends9 »

It was an Echoczar; I went with the standard chips instead of the Xvive.