Giving building a crack

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

Philip

Re: Giving building a crack

Post by Philip »

Good intent. :)

I just just relate to your angst. :badteeth:
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

daCod wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:25 pm For me it went like this: three BYOC builds turned into 2 God City Brutalist builds - one stock one modded - turned into I think I can mod my Marshall a bit :teeth2:

You can do it!!!
Thanks mate, I think I’ll hold off modding my Marshall. If my wife saw me crack open an amp with a soldering iron in hand she’d be all like “ um honey, what are you doing...?”

I’m already thinking of my next project
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Philip wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:57 pm Good intent. :)

I just just relate to your angst. :badteeth:
:lol:
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:27 pm For me it went like this: Bored at work at looking at the internet and came across this early pic of a ZVEX Super Hard On:

At the time I'd heard rave reviews of them from friends but the price tag was always a bit big for me. Seeing that it was this many components and that it could be done on perf or strip type board sold me. Hit up the Radio Shack downstairs from my office and bought enough things to kind of make a working circuit. I had no idea what a JFET was so I used a BJT with some other assorted stuff. I didnt know how to wire a switch or a battery but I made something that worked, which was enough to get me ordering real parts and making more things. Here's the original build, with toggles to turn on the battery and the effect:

That is so cool - necessity being the mother of invention. The rest is history I guess :oldgrin:

The SHO is a sweet arse box, thanks for reminding me that’s it’s something to put on my short list of things to build once I get my head around this stuff. I guessing easy and great result
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

chankgeez wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:34 pm I was momentarily confused by the thread title.
I thought you spoke conversational Australian (or Straylin), chank. “Having a crack” = “Giving a go” = “Making an attempt”. A “crack” can also refer to the vertical line between the buttocks, so it can get confusing. Still easier than learning Mandarin though.
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

HorseyBoy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:51 am
chankgeez wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:34 pm I was momentarily confused by the thread title.
I thought you spoke conversational Australian (or Straylin), chank. “Having a crack” = “Giving a go” = “Making an attempt”. A “crack” can also refer to the vertical line between the buttocks, so it can get confusing. Still easier than learning Mandarin though.
Ha ha thanks for providing the translation :hihi:
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

HorseyBoy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:51 am
I do, but sometimes I still get confused between this Oz:

… and this Oz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE_jGNB0WFw

(I briefly thought of a plumber's butt too, but dismissed that quickly enough. :hihi: )
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Ok. So I build a simple booster thing and it worked so I’m pretty chuffed.
Next a on the menu is a fuzz face. Looking forward to this one 😀
Philip

Post by Philip »

Can we see and hear it? :tu:
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Not quite yet - needs to go in a box. For a noob this shit is time consuming!!