I think the 1966 is my favorite DAM

The Italian two-transistor king of the bee's.

Moderator: The Captain

Cado

Re: I think the 1966 is my favorite DAM

Post by Cado »

Well frist I have to say that I don't use fuzz as my primary distortion; so when I use fuzz, most of the time the effect is full on and used for solos. The 1966 has the right amount of gain, and if I need to roll back the guitar's volume, the '66's cleanup is flawless. In comparison, the MKII will produce an odd frequency response when rolling back on the guitar's volume. I'm not knocking that sound, I think it's a very cool tone, I'm really speaking in terms of practicality from a working musician's perspective.
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

1966 is my first DAM too. i bought a lime green (mullard oc71+oc83 - 1 of5) few weeks ago, and it took me immediatly to "bender-land". useful pedal, the 66 mode is a standard played with teh neck pu of a strato.
the super bee mode makes me wonder every time i listen to it. great pedal, good D*a*m!
now let's look for a drag'n'fly....officially, my d*a*m story has been started
Zuff-1A

Re: I think the 1966 is my favorite DAM

Post by Zuff-1A »

Cado wrote:Well frist I have to say that I don't use fuzz as my primary distortion; so when I use fuzz, most of the time the effect is full on and used for solos. The 1966 has the right amount of gain, and if I need to roll back the guitar's volume, the '66's cleanup is flawless. In comparison, the MKII will produce an odd frequency response when rolling back on the guitar's volume. I'm not knocking that sound, I think it's a very cool tone, I'm really speaking in terms of practicality from a working musician's perspective.
:hmm: :coffee: :dance:
Good to know :cheers: