Forum updates Dec 27

Help me womba!

Moderators: The Captain, devnulljp

Post Reply
User avatar
Dr Tony Balls
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by Dr Tony Balls » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:37 pm

anemochore wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:12 pm
Dr Tony Balls wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm
Ive got a question/request (requestion, obv). On the old forum and in the crummy "prosilver" theme on this one there was/is an option to view "active posts" which shows you all posts (including read ones) sorted by date. The new default "Digi Orange" theme only has an option to view "new posts" which only shows unread posts and seems to cap out at posts that occurred in the last ~12hrs or so. Is there any way to add an "active topics" option to the "Digi Orange" theme?
Click on the quick links (the three bar icon top left) then click on Active Topics. From there you can also choose how far back you want the topics to go (display sorting options Icon lower left)
BRILLIANT thank you.
User avatar
anemochore
Posts: 1404
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 am
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by anemochore » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:10 am

:tu:
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
User avatar
devnulljp
Posts: 6816
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Gulf Islands, BC, Canada

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by devnulljp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Dr Tony Balls wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm
Ive got a question/request (requestion, obv). On the old forum and in the crummy "prosilver" theme on this one there was/is an option to view "active posts" which shows you all posts (including read ones) sorted by date. The new default "Digi Orange" theme only has an option to view "new posts" which only shows unread posts and seems to cap out at posts that occurred in the last ~12hrs or so. Is there any way to add an "active topics" option to the "Digi Orange" theme?
Active Topics link is up at the top left from the three lines icon.
DAMActive.jpg
DAMActive.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
User avatar
devnulljp
Posts: 6816
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Gulf Islands, BC, Canada

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by devnulljp » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:50 am

Yggdrazil wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:15 pm
Well... I must admit I don't like it.

I tend to always click on one of the D*A*M website icon in order to refresh the forum...
Colors for new topics aren't flashy enough.

It's maybe a matter of adaptation time but I can see some improvement to be done :wink2:
OK, I changed the link that the board banner goes to -- instead of the DAM website, it now goes to the index of the forum.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
User avatar
superslidetail
Posts: 1114
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:06 pm
Location: PA, USA

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by superslidetail » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Awesome, thanks for changing that link. I kept clicking that one by mistake all the time.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
User avatar
Zacharia Matilda
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:55 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by Zacharia Matilda » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Get the fuck off my lawn!

Thought the old site was fine but I guess behind the scenes it was untenable. Too bad. Horses for courses.
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
User avatar
Yggdrazil
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:22 am
Location: Canada

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by Yggdrazil » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:05 pm

devnulljp wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:50 am
Yggdrazil wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:15 pm
Well... I must admit I don't like it.

I tend to always click on one of the D*A*M website icon in order to refresh the forum...
Colors for new topics aren't flashy enough.

It's maybe a matter of adaptation time but I can see some improvement to be done :wink2:
OK, I changed the link that the board banner goes to -- instead of the DAM website, it now goes to the index of the forum.
Thx!!! :tu:
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair
User avatar
jerms
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: back in the basement!!

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by jerms » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 am

hey is there a way to PM someone directly from a thread? or do you have to go in and compose one in mail?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") reverb-jermshop
User avatar
devnulljp
Posts: 6816
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Gulf Islands, BC, Canada

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by devnulljp » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 am

jerms wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 am
hey is there a way to PM someone directly from a thread? or do you have to go in and compose one in mail?
Click "Contact" beneath their name and it should pop out a box with options for email or PM.
dammessage.png
dammessage.png (21.86 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
User avatar
jerms
Posts: 5426
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:39 pm
Location: back in the basement!!

Re: Forum updates Dec 27

Post by jerms » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:16 am

ahh i was on my phone and that window doesn't show..... if you click on the avatar that info comes up....
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") reverb-jermshop
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest