Fuzzaround settings?

Darlington fuzz, it'll send you insane.

Moderator: The Captain

slomatic

Fuzzaround settings?

Post by slomatic »

I gave my Fuzzaround a blast last night, sounds fanatastic so far. I totally get what people have said about the "Hi Fi" nature of it. I coudn't resist playing some Crimson, and lo and behold it's "that" sound..

Anyways, there seems to be a lot of scope for tones - how are you folk setting yours?
Volume over talent
1bottlerocket

Re: Fuzzaround settings?

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I have been running the timbre low and the others between 11 and 1 o'clock
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Mr. Maestro

Post by Mr. Maestro »

I've also been messing around with the timbre being low... all the way or most of the way down. However, I've been keeping the Sustain cranked and the Balance at between 11 and 1 o'clock. I love the interactive nature of the controls; so many subtle tweaks and sonic possibilities.

I've been playing it with a Jazzmaster a lot and through either an old brown Princeton or the 5E3 Deluxe replica I built over the summer. Both sound fantastic. I'm surprised at how I can still get the controlled feedback with the amps set at lower volume (when I have to). Cranked, it's just beautiful. There is something really special about this pedal. It's almost like it's a living, breathing animal! It's like there's something rattling around in there, trying to get out. And you'd be stupid to try and stop it!
d4niel

Post by d4niel »

Sickle wrote:So far, my favorite setting is full tilt.
Intriguing, does this mean that the secret five is now the secret four?

How many devices are there in total counting list 1-3, the secret 5, the Captains red one, the destroyer of worlds one (huge enclosure) and the ebay stash?
10 (list 1) + 20 (list 2) + 1 (captain's) + 1 (destroyer or worlds) + 10 (list 3) + 14 (the rest below) = 55 in the regular enclosure and 1 monstrosity?

What is that on the far right of the picture (above the captain's barely visible enclosure), is that a triangle version?

EDIT: Hrmm.. maybe this should be in the D*A*M Fuzzaround thread or possibly one of Mr Picards threads. Feel free to move this post Sickle!
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

I have to agree with Sickle that all out is the best cause it gets the sound I want, but you can't get a bad sound out of it.
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

jimi_dylan cannot participate in this conversation due to lack of Fuzzaround :(
(But I love reading these posts, so keep 'em coming.) :tu:

EDIT: I won #1 of 2 defect Amber Flake color Fuzzarounds with a swift BIN placed on 11-10-08. :headbanger:
Last edited by jimi_dylan on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

I'm really liking the two extremes right now, max timbre and saturation for an insanely think sound and the exact opposite balance maxed, timbre just a hair, and using sustain for volume to get a beautifully nasty strangled sound :mrgreen:
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Sickle wrote:
d4niel wrote:
Sickle wrote:So far, my favorite setting is full tilt.
Intriguing, does this mean that the secret five is now the secret four?
Hrmm?

Was I speaking out loud again? Fucking old age dementia, ignore me!

:drool2:
lacky bashturd!
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Mr. Maestro wrote: It's almost like it's a living, breathing animal! It's like there's something rattling around in there, trying to get out. And you'd be stupid to try and stop it!
Didn't you get the
DISCLAIMER FROM MANUFACTURER:

Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™.

Caution: Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ Contains a liquid germanium core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.

Do not use Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ on concrete.

Discontinue use of Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ if any of the following occurs:
Itching
Vertigo
Dizziness
Tingling in extremities
Loss of balance or coordination
Slurred speech
Temporary blindness
Profuse sweating
Heart palpitations

If Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ begins to smoke, get away immediately.
Seek shelter and cover head. Particles of the germanium core of Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ may stick to certain types of skin.

When not in use, Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration...

Failure to do so relieves the makers of Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™, Wacky D*A*M Products Incorporated, and its parent company Global D*A*M Chemical Unlimited, of any and all liability.

Ingredients of Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ include an unknown glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ has been shipped to our troops in Afghanistan and is also being dropped by our warplanes on Iraq.

Do not taunt Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™.

Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™ comes with a lifetime guarantee.

Wicked D*A*M Fuzzaround™...

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!

:twisted:
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
the_original_mr_nice

Post by the_original_mr_nice »

Do we really have control over the settings ? I thought that Dave had given each Fuzzaround a personality to suit its owner and that it would lead us into Fuzzy heaven ! When the original 10 were joined by a telepathic link then whatever one did, the others would respond in harmony and any perceived settings would be beyond the control of us mere mortals. Now that more Fuzzarounds have been born and parented to protect the Fuzzy World then the complexity of the sounds produced is even greater....