3 dimensional sound?

Amazing professionals with its tonal performance.

Moderator: The Captain

therealzeke

3 dimensional sound?

Post by therealzeke »

Just got me a FUZZrong, love it but I can't seem to get the 3 dimensional sound going on. How do you guys set it up to do so?
Great deals with:
smogfalls
emanux
fatherjack
jetofuj
notnowjohn
capricorn1
chattmatt
kingoftheroad
AGuitarPlayer

Re: 3 dimensional sound?

Post by AGuitarPlayer »

I had one. I'm not sure what 3D sound is supposed to mean either. I think people are just referring to the fact that some of the clean signal bleeds through.

Maybe I was missing something, but there's only so much you can do when there are just two knobs and one of them controls the volume! :badteeth:
mjab-1

Post by mjab-1 »

[url][http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvRkJzVQ ... ilpage/url]

Didn't work, but listen to No Fun by the Stooges-kinda 3D
jerms

Post by jerms »

there's usually a sweet spot as you dial back from the full treble position.... maybe an eighth to a quarter turn, where you let a bit of the cleaner side of the control thru......
therealzeke

Post by therealzeke »

Cheers Jerms I'll try that later! :)

BTW do you guys have the amp clean? Slightly overdriven?
Great deals with:
smogfalls
emanux
fatherjack
jetofuj
notnowjohn
capricorn1
chattmatt
kingoftheroad
imsilly

Post by imsilly »

Just got one of these today!

It's a really fun pedal and a perfect foil to my Grease Box.

I noticed that you get the best results not only using the pedal's controls, but also the guitar's too. The FUZZrong is very interactive like that. I wanted something that could get me into Ventures territory and I noticed that having the depth on the treble side alone didn't do that. I had to also reduce my guitar's volume too. That way I could get that tinny, raspy 2000lb bee tone.

Though the pedal doesn't only do that kind of trebly early fuzz sound, it can also sound fat when you dial back the depth to the bassy side and roll your guitar's volume over the way up. In general there are a lot of sounds in the pedal. I'm still working it out. It seems to do well with both my Timmy and Kingsley Jester. I play it with the volume maxed (I kinda do that with all Fuzz) and it can push an amp pretty well, more gain then my MKII seems to exhibit for instance.
Last edited by imsilly on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

can't wait till those hit the states!! Glad you like it..
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Fuzzrites seem to sound best (to me anyway) with the guitar volume rolled back to about 7. I usually roll the tone off a bit too, and as Jim said there is a sweet spot where you're getting both trannies and some clean signal bleed. It's different on every one though, you just have to play with it a bit.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Anyone from the States recieve there fuzzrong yet?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
friendlybunny

Re:

Post by friendlybunny »

mjkk wrote:Anyone from the States recieve there fuzzrong yet?
Yupp... yesterday.

:headpop: