"Explode-o-Tone" ff replicas.

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: "Explode-o-Tone" Venus ff replicas.JBF3 rehoused fuzz fa

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I sent a bunch of transistors to J.T.
Who is J.T.?
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
arem

Post by arem »

I'm guessing Jeorge Tripps...
Average fucks given per hour = 0
daCod

Post by daCod »

Justin Timberlake :badteeth:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

^^^...his signature model? :badteeth:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by fuzzface6669 »

1bottlerocket wrote:
I sent a bunch of transistors to J.T.
Who is J.T.?
James Taylor :hihi:

Price drop $80 shipped to U.S.A for it.
chatmatt

Re: "Explode-o-Tone" ff replicas.JBF3 rehoused fuzz face $80

Post by chatmatt »

Any pics of the $80 jbf3?
fuzzface6669

Re: "Explode-o-Tone" ff replicas.JBF3 rehoused fuzz face $80

Post by fuzzface6669 »

chatmatt wrote:Any pics of the $80 jbf3?
Sorry I sold it to a friend recently. Pics of it on page 1 one the thread here. It was rehoused .

I have a Modified Dunlop JHF1 test pedal with sockets installed on some parts . $80 shipped to U.S.A and if you can cover fees that would be great .

These have the trim pots on the underside and really high quality boards. Also comes with the original 470k log Omeg pot, the original 100k resistor,the originals 2.2uf and 22uf caps. I will included a nos .01uf, .047uf tropical fish caps as well as a Wima .1uf capacitor. I put a different Volume pot in it as well as all 3 of the caps ,100k resistor , and TFK bc130c transistors. I will also throw in a 1uf input bc cap , a nos phillips 1.5uf cap and a nos 3.3uf ero cap.

So this would be a good experimenter pedal and if you want to make it close to stock I can recommend the lower gain silicon to stick in it . I could throw in a set of lower gain ITT bc108b's but I no longer have any that have the low gain the stock pedal uses. However those are easy parts to find and should not cost much if you want to make like the stock JHF1(A really nice FF).

I have a bunch of cases/parts coming and just do not have any more time to put in to it .
capricorn_1

Re: "Explode-o-Tone" ff replicas.

Post by capricorn_1 »

i used one of zacks si fuzz faces at rehearsal last night for the first time and i thought it sounded extremely good!! :tu:
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle
fuzzface6669

Post by fuzzface6669 »

capricorn_1 wrote:i used one of zacks si fuzz faces at rehearsal last night for the first time and i thought it sounded extremely good!! :tu:
Thanks buddy :cheers: Nice to hear positive feedback for sure and happy it works to your liking with your setup as you know Fuzz Face's with that kinda thing :hmm: .
Means a lot coming from you.

Gearing up for a run of 11 with a mix of germanium and silicon ones. For silicon's they are gonna be the red 69 and blue 72 replicas. Here is a germanium that is nearly tuned in . However 2 resistors/the 20uf or a pot might be subject to change :hihi: . As the damn thing changed a tiny bit after switching from test pedal . So I think I am going to get in to it again and make some small changes today. Has nos phillips 1.5uf printed on input cap and a sprague 20uf printed on cap. CV7005 or CV7006(what ever the military cv is for oc71) I think in Q1 and a oc75 in Q2. That 8.2k is stock but for some reason has weird color bands on it :badteeth:
I would like to get $185 shipped U.S.A for it. If you are out of the U.S.A contact me about the shipping
Last edited by fuzzface6669 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzface6669

Post by fuzzface6669 »

$140 shipped to U.S.A for any of these off ebay sale. http://www.ebay.com/sch/fuzzface6668/m. ... 7675.l2562

International shipping is $30 additional .