Plum Crazy FX Roustabout - Buzzaround Clone $175

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

PlumCrazy

Plum Crazy FX Roustabout - Buzzaround Clone $175

Post by PlumCrazy »

D*A*M Forum Special Price on this one.

Up for grabs is the Limited Edition Roustabout - it's based on the Burns Buzzaround - thanks David for introducing this one to all of us. We all know what it is and what it does and who used them in the past on what records. Sustain. Harmonics. Like a class A EL84 amp circuit overdriving. I've followed the original circuit exactly but used a layout of my own, close to the MkIIIs I've done before. The controls are very interactive - there is no traditional volume - the volume is reduced by starving the circuit of voltage. The tone is also non-traditional - adding bass without going woofy in the way a Big Muff tone control would. If you change one control - you usually have to compensate with one of the others (like the original). I've built it turretboard style with vintage, selected gemanium transistors - two SFT337Vs and the main fuzzing is done with an NKT212 (which is the sister of the NKT213s found in the original pedal). The caps are high quality Eros and Philips with carbon-comp resistors. Check out web, there is a video of it in action.

Oh, and this one is going to be limited to a run of pedals (so far 15 - I may stop there - but definately no more than 25) so get it while you can. Thanks.
RA1s.jpg
RA1s.jpg (135.34 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
RA2s.jpg
RA2s.jpg (91.7 KiB) Viewed 1905 times

Here are the specs:

• Tough, cast aluminum Hammond enclosure (1590S)

• True-bypass heavy-duty footswitch

• Specially matched '60s gremanium transistors (2x SFT337Vs 1x NKT 212)

• Alpha pots

•Carbon comp 1/2w resistors, Ero poly capacitors, and Philips electro caps

• Shielded wire for quiet operation
http://www.plumcrazyfx.com
Everytime i comb my hair, thoughts of u get in my eyes.