Interest in reproduction PCBs?

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

peps1

Interest in reproduction PCBs?

Post by peps1 »

Just wanted to get some feeback from the tinkerers here as to what vintage boards people could be Interest in reproduction of, as we are in the process of having a PCB fabrication house take over productions my PCBs (still on vintage stock brown phenolic of sexiness) just mean I will have more time for building rather then etching and drilling!

In the process of having the flowing made (non huge surprises as we been doing all but one of these for years!):

Uni-Vibe (full size original board)
Supa Fuzz
FY-6
FY-2
Fuzz Face
Rams Head

So, any suggestions appreciated!
(keep in mind the philosophy of not being a cunt, and treading on other peoples toes, so nothing that is currently available as a reissue by the original company, or still in production in its original form like the Colorsound range)

Really need to also thank forum member 'Pulse' for all his help with getting these first 6 files ready for the fabrication, I really could not have done this without him, and Raf, who had been there opening up enclosures, and getting his ruler out to confirm measurements!

Last edited by peps1 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jerms

Re: Interest in reproduction PCBs?

Post by jerms »

mKIII/IV?
Zzufrepus

Post by Zzufrepus »

triangle muff

and maybe these
beebaa
ad50
Yggdrazil

Post by Yggdrazil »

Uni-vibe boards would be pretty cool (y)
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair
peps1

Post by peps1 »

jerms wrote:mKIII/IV?
Yes, thinking how to approach this, considering there is a current Colorsound MK IV Tone Bender by D.A.M. in production, and don't want to tread on toes :hmm:
Zzufrepus wrote:triangle muff

and maybe these
beebaa
ad50
Triangle Muff is totally on the to do list! (just used my last two clone PCBs!).

beebaa is an excellent suggestion.

ad50 is interesting, though think its a 2 PCB job? (but could probably do it in one PCB with a V score cut, so it can be snapped into 2 PCB's and save a little on production cost).
Yggdrazil wrote:Uni-vibe boards would be pretty cool (y)
Yes, they ARE going to be cool! (have gone for the stock PCB layout but with 2 of the pads very slightly moved so people can build all the variants, like the one with just a jumper and no pot, or use a modern PIHER PT15 trim pot in the lamp driver section).....but man, they are a big slab of board!
surfadamsurf

Post by surfadamsurf »

MOSRITE FUZZRITE
Over & Out,
-Adam
Zzufrepus

Post by Zzufrepus »

yeah, when i mentioned AD50, i just meant the fuzz side. i doubt there's much interest in the wah.
peps1

Post by peps1 »

surfadamsurf wrote:MOSRITE FUZZRITE
Yeah, guess they would be quite simple and cheap as they are just boars with holes for point to point wiring......save a couple of quid on having no copper!

Want to do a Fuzzrite enclosure clone too when I get a chance.
peps1

Post by peps1 »

Zzufrepus wrote:yeah, when i mentioned AD50, i just meant the fuzz side. i doubt there's much interest in the wah.
Yeah, good point!
Truemann

Post by Truemann »

Yggdrazil wrote:Uni-vibe boards would be pretty cool (y)
Yes, they ARE going to be cool! (have gone for the stock PCB layout but with 2 of the pads very slightly moved so people can build all the variants, like the one with just a jumper and no pot, or use a modern PIHER PT15 trim pot in the lamp driver section).....but man, they are a big slab of board![/quote]

Definitely interested in these!