Monolith Bug Bears, Mod. Triangle circuit - ALL SOLD

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

fendersilver

Re: Monolith Bug Bears, Mod. Triangle circuit (#02-04 For Sa

Post by fendersilver »

cubba wrote:Just bought one of these from Master Mike ... can’t wait to blast out some muffy Bug juice! :alizee:

OMG!!! It took Monolith Fuzz to bring Cubba back to life. :dance:

tenor.gif
tenor.gif (3.26 MiB) Viewed 3590 times

Post by cubba »

hahahah - cold busted - so true!!!
I do plan on reading up here a bit and posting some more. I don’t do gear forums anymore but I made more friends here than on any other place on the internet. This place was (is?) the best. :freakout:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
jerms

Post by jerms »

:cheers: good ta see ya cubba!!! It's been waaaaaaaay too long!!!
monolithfuzz

Post by monolithfuzz »

And you guys thought I was just some fuzz peddler.
I'm the Fuzz Homie Resurrector, suckas! :freakout:
monolithfuzz

Re: Monolith Bug Bears, Mod. Triangle circuit (Trades Open)

Post by monolithfuzz »

#03 and #04 are still available, but unfortunately I can’t take any trades.
Sorry for the change.
cubba

Re: Monolith Bug Bears, Mod. Triangle circuit- 2 still avail

Post by cubba »

Are these still available here? Say it isn’t so. I’m being entirely honest here... this is the best Big Muff pedal I’ve ever played. Bar none. In my arsenal of all original EH BMs: Green Russian - Civil War Russian - 1970 Triangle Muff - and an (excellent) Skreddy P19. I dig them all but the Bug Bear is simply the best for me. It’s surprisingly touch sensitive and quiet, two things I don’t expect from this circuit. The drive is of such a rich and creamy texture. This is the precisely the sound I want to hear from a Big Muff. Also, there is no lack of midrange, which for me is a real problem with BMs. The mids are actually pretty detailed. When you step on this Big Muff, it does not disappear. And, the finely voiced tone knob dials you into any amp or guitar.
I went to a jam the other night and used the Bug Bear with a Strat into a Princeton Reverb and it was a perfect match. My guitar styje isn’t Doom or Metal, more like Indie meets Gilmour. I’m sure it’d work for music much heavier than what I do as well. It’s a tough time of the year to do clips but I’ll post one up in January.
If you’re on the fence about buying this pedal, get the fuck off the fence and straight to PayPal. I have zero regrets.
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

^ Nice to hear your thoughts, cubba.
If I hadn't already sprung for the Ram's Head Bug Bear I'd be all over one of these. As it is, if I can sell my little Vox AC4 (which I'm trying to sell locally without much success) I'll throw the cash straight at Mike.
I don't usually consider myself a Muff guy - I like 'em just fine, but if I had to live my life with only one fuzz (a horrible thought, I know), it wouldn't be a Muff. But I flat-out love the Ram's Head Bug Bear. It kills at every setting. It'll do splatty if you roll of the fuzz and volume, or it'll sing like a bird at the peak of a three-day mescaline and shrooms bender. It is beautifully built and voiced. Check my demo (which, if I do say so myself, is pretty rockin') for confirmation: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21254
So from a purely selfish point of view, my advice is not to buy one of these fine fuzzes. That way there'll be one left when I finally scrape the cash together. But if my happiness is only of secondary importance to you, then do what cubba says and drop Mike a PM.
monolithfuzz

Post by monolithfuzz »

Thank you for the kind words and solid feedback, gents. I’m so glad to hear that these Bug beasts are working out for you :freakout:

As of right now, all are sold except for #04.
monolithfuzz

Re: Monolith Bug Bears, Mod. Triangle circuit - ALL SOLD

Post by monolithfuzz »

#04 has left the building.

Thanks to everyone who picked one up, and as usual I’ll post any future builds here on the DAM Channel to fuel the fires of fuzz.

Got some OC81DMs on the way. Who knows WHAT could happen :marx:
Last edited by monolithfuzz on Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HorseyBoy

Re: Monolith Bug Bears, Mod. Triangle circuit - ALL SOLD

Post by HorseyBoy »

NoooOOoOoOoOoOoOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooOooOoOooooooooooooooo!
Oh, well. Somebody just bought themselves a killer Xmas fuzz.