Fuzz Sound #003

High gain germanium bliss manifest in three dimensional reality.

Moderator: The Captain

theemadcap1

Re: Fuzz Sound #003

Post by theemadcap1 »

Here is a Fiddley little clip to demo this great pedal!!
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Thanks for the clip, John!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
cubba

Post by cubba »

1bottlerocket wrote:Thanks for the clip, John!
Yeah, it sounds really phat with the amp/gtr you're using.
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

cubba wrote:Yeah, it sounds really phat with the amp/gtr you're using.
It has become my preferred low volume jam...

Gibson Les Paul (upgraded with PAFs and Bumblebee caps) > Fuzz Sound > 1961 Brown Fender Deluxe running a 1 x 12" Blonde Showman Tone-ring Cabinet (with JBL D120F).
:tu: :freakout:
I am Incinerator

Post by I am Incinerator »

theemadcap1 wrote:

Gibson Les Paul (upgraded with PAFs and Bumblebee caps) > Fuzz Sound > 1961 Brown Fender Deluxe running a 1 x 12" Blonde Showman Tone-ring Cabinet (with JBL D120F).
Now that is a RIG!!! :party:
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

I am Incinerator wrote:
theemadcap1 wrote:

Now that is a RIG!!! :party:
Thanks, I LOVE it!! I know there are some amps out there I would still like to try (Like a good early Vox AC15 Twin or Vox UL715)
I'll snap a pic of my set up sometime soon. It does sound like 'Heaven' to me...! As well, the amp has Bendix 5992 Power Tubes in it and a mix of 5751 and Mullard 12ax7s as pre amp tubes. The type of tubes really expands the sweet tone in a such a major way(!!!). As well, the Les Pauls I have are:
a 1 of 2 '93 Custom Shop, pre-Elegant 'Butterscotch' Les Paul. I found out that Neil Young got the other one (I had pics from Guitar Magazine of him using it on his '93 Summer Tour), but sold it to Al Anderson.
...and my "main squeeze" which is a shaved down early 1968 goldtop Les Paul (pots from '67), which I have been told is leftover stock from when they were discontinued the Les Paul in 1960. It has some identifiers (I had no idea about) like the long neck tenon and 2 piece maple top (Used primarily on "Sunburst" finish models) among others. I had the guitar for 15 years before I knew what I had. I just knew I had a wonderful playing guitar that I liked a lot. When I took a job at Guitar Center back in '98 (for 3 months) the "Burst Brother's" came through and gave a seminar and asked if anybody could bring in guitars to have them looked at. I brought this. They freaked out over it! I was shocked, I knew it sounded wonderful, but I bought it for $300 in 1987 :marx:
God, Reality or Something smiled upon me with that Guitar! :freakout:
I am Incinerator

Post by I am Incinerator »

Those Pauls sound nice. I've had a love/hate relationship with my early/mid 90's studio for the last few years. I imagine a solid electronics/pickup upgrade would be great for it and pass the time until I could get my hands on a custom shop/historic of some variety or an Ian Anderson Standard! That is a heck of a score on that Gold Top!

I (knock on wood) think this should finally be the year I get myself into a brownface bassman. It's been two or three years since I made this a choice, and I've had to bow out of a few nice ones. I've also grown fond of the 6G2 Deluxe, since I've read many times over that it's "the greatest cranked up Marshall". Since vintage Brownface Deluxes seem to go for a small fortune I've been thinking about getting a Quinn Derby after I get comfy with the Bassman. I'm sure that both of these can hug fuzzes, and would love a Rooster to give them more juice upfront! :freakout: I get a little freaked about tubing these since I've been a plug and play cathode biased guy for most of my guitar playing life. Though a good DMM can go a long way evidentley!