The Captain wrote:Image
Zonk with variable output cap? Cool! :tu:
There are no words...!

:badlove: :badlove: :badlove: :badlove:
Logic should not interfere with determination
Scott

Re: I've got a secret...

Post by Scott »

and it's SOLAR POWERED!! It's GREAT for the environment to!!! Right on Dave!!!! :dance: :hyper: :headbanger: :marx: :hihi:
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

Wow!
DucRyder

Re:

Post by DucRyder »

johndammit wrote:gangsta type fuzz. :smashed:
:hihi:

"..Yo Dave, gimme the microphone first so I can bust like a bubble,
Detroit and Rotherham together? now you know you in trouble..."

"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Yo guys, I came to post up a few pics this morning but it looks like the Cap'n beat me to it. I tried to get some good indoor shots because it was raining and hailing outside yesterday. lets just say they dont do 'em justice. So there ya go... I can open up the B-13 (though this bad girl is more like a B-29 dropping bombs on your ear drums) and take a pic of the little Mullard powered beasts guts if anyone wants to see?
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

I think we would all like to see that please! :crackjam:
Logic should not interfere with determination
Philip

Post by Philip »

Wow!!! :shocked: :drool2:

Lucky you! Can yah demo em for us? Would love to hear these!
Funky Druid

Re:

Post by Funky Druid »

DucRyder wrote: I can open up the B-13 (though this bad girl is more like a B-29 dropping bombs on your ear drums) and take a pic of the little Mullard powered beasts guts if anyone wants to see?
Yes yes yes! :badteeth:
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Congrats, I think you got us all a little jealous :) What exactly are these two beasts?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Scott wrote:and it's SOLAR POWERED!! It's GREAT for the environment to!!! Right on Dave!!!! :dance: :hyper: :headbanger: :marx: :hihi:
When you smack an open E the light outside dims...

All kidding aside, I'm very, very humbled being able to have a couple of music making tools as nice as these. I know words can never capture sounds, but here my take on what Dave hath wrought...

G-type: It says distrortion / fuzz on the front, and he aint kidding! It really performs like a distortion with a beautiful organic germanium edge. It's got crossover swirl at full bore like a tube amp. With the F.A.C set to the 1st or second click and the Filter adjusted to about 1 o'clock you can chunk away on heavy power chords or single note riffs and it never gets woofy or indistinct like a regular fuzz would... Tons 'o Gain but retains dynamics. The output is a firm slap in the face, by the afore mentioned supermodel. Its not fucking around, its LOUD! yet it isnt obnoxious or out of control...just sexy as hell. Clean up is there, but in the 4-5 hours I spent playing her yesterday, I wasnt in the "clean" zone for more than 5 minutes. This bitch wants leather, not flowers...

Boost: Ha! This ones like the slightly older sister, not quite as agressive but man shes knows what to do with it! Dave did a slightly different set up with this F.A.C so you dont get clicks you get a smooth travel on the knob. Its more subtle (at least on my practice amp) than the F.A.C on the FZ-676, but its in the sweetest of spots to bring in the leathery low mids that every other booster lies awake at night wishing it had. Plugged into a slightly cooking amp its full blown GRIND. She'll dress up and do old school if you set the controls to the brighter end of things, but what she does when the F.A.C and filter get adjusted is perfect for the tones I want to hear. Clean up is perfect for me as well and is why this will be running all the time first on my board.

That brings me round to the outputs, I asked Dave to put two outputs on the B-13 so I could run the fuzz on one and straight into an amp from the other. The thought was that I could get the fuzzy grind I want without flubbing out in a live setting, also it opens up running an output to a tuner if need be. Dave spoiled me by adding an extra output on the FZ676 which means now I'll be doing fucked up stuff with modulation and delay (and who knows what else) in the studio. Speaking of studio, my Presonus interface and Cubase decided they dont like each other anymore and quit speaking. I think I'll have a replacement or fix next week and I'd like to record something if anyone wants to hear these two doing their thing.

Many, many humble thanks to David A. Main for his creativity, hard work and maybe most of all his ears! :crackjam: :badlove: :hihi: