Pushin God on ya!!

Rocking horse shit and chicken lips.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

Pushin God on ya!!

Post by redeyeflight »

My most recent acquisition: the God Pusher. I bought directly from a coworker, who it was made for he believes in 2005. As far as I can tell it's unique in two ways: one, it has the name of who it's made for on the OUTSIDE of the pedal. And two, it has no writing of any kind on the inside of the pedal (I don't know if this was common practice in the earlier D*A*M days but I've yet to see a pic of a pedal that doesn't have some kind of writing on the inside. It's a fantastic beast, and has the most insane amount of low end I've ever heard and when the tube drive is maxed it's amost a fuzz type of tone. I don't know if this should be in the "one offs" section considering I know there were a few other God Pushers made. Any more info anyone has on this pedal would be cool to know about. Here's some super crappy pics in the meantime...I'll try and take some better ones soon. Cheers!! :freakout:
Attachments
DSCN5692.JPG
DSCN5692.JPG (883.72 KiB) Viewed 6898 times
DSCN5693.JPG
DSCN5693.JPG (895.09 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
DSCN5690.JPG
DSCN5690.JPG (984.03 KiB) Viewed 6896 times
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
1bottlerocket

Re: Pushin God on ya!!

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Sweet baby Jesus! I see the light!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

Oh my God! I'll give you twice what you paid for it. :crackjam:

and my soul
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

Is this a sort of bk butler tubedriver? from your description is kinda sounds like one... but i dont know jack about circuits... so i cant tell
Live Slow... Die old...
GTHM

Post by GTHM »

Your friend's a "good Samaritan" for sure!

:pray:

Those sloped enclosures kick ass btw!
controller700

Post by controller700 »

:shocked:
Another white whale!

There´s also a pink and a red God Pusher in the D*A*M gallery.
I don't know what the hell it does, but it's definitely doing it!!
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

hey sickle, thanks fer movin the thread...I didn't exactly know where to put it since technically it's not a "one off" but this seems like a better place for it then. And to answer others questions I do believe that this is a modified BK butler tube driver circuit that Mr. Main made back before BK started reissuing his Tube Drivers. Again, any other info anyone has on these would be greatly appreciated. It's a pretty kick ass pedal and super sweet lookin!! I'm havin a lotta fun with it so far!! :crackjam:
EDIT: found some OG pics of the godpusher....
Attachments
GP 2.bmp.jpeg
GP 2.bmp.jpeg (49.61 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
GP 3.bmp.jpeg
GP 3.bmp.jpeg (68.19 KiB) Viewed 6812 times
GP 1.bmp.jpeg
GP 1.bmp.jpeg (46.61 KiB) Viewed 6814 times
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

:bigteeth:

Shweet! Super nice indeed to see this swine once again. Very enjoyable built as I recall. It kinda is a one off as its the only one I made like that. There were only three God Pushers and only two had that type of chassis. This one was how I planned on making them....then I found out the Tube Driver had been reissued :hihi: I still use the prototype of the GP as a pre-amp.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

The new butler is good stuff but I never really enjoyed it and finally sold it a couple of weeks ago to finance my new dams!
Its eq was real weird and difficult at first and had got some really ballsy lowend... but the trebles became fuzzy really easily and really didnt like it with the strato.
It was Really missing the mid control that you put Captain! You should remake it imho with a DAM twist!

Stereo output?! :shocked:
Live Slow... Die old...
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

thanks for chiming in on this one cap'n!! :oldlol: I'm really enjoying this thing a lot!! :dance: I have plans to use this as my higher gain dist. the titan as my low gain od. and hopefully a 1966 (if I can ever get me hands on one) down the line as a super fuzz soloing device!! Hey Captain when you use the god pusher in preamp form do you put a lower gain tube in there? I think this one still has the original NOS ECC83 in it as when you shipped it out to Mick and its pretty high gain stuff. Oh, and yes...this has stereo outs and quite possibly the most sensitive and versatile tone section of any pedal I've ever come across (more so even than a lot of amps!). Really a effin fantastic pedal!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")