Pushin God on ya!!

Rocking horse shit and chicken lips.

Moderator: The Captain

molokaio

Re: Pushin God on ya!!

Post by molokaio »

the tube king isnt a tube driver... but butler was involved in the design.
the tubeworks tube drive had only one knob, yes.

i would love to hear this dam... I hate the bk tube driver, so dave's take would be interesting to test, and the mid control is heaven for this pedal imho.
Live Slow... Die old...
skybone

Post by skybone »

Had a US Tube King for a while, it was a nice sounding pedal, but typically, it didn't have enough "graunch" for my liking.

Would love to have a play with one of Dave's GP's though! :badlove:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

redeyeflight wrote:....also don't the butlers have a transformer in them? Thanks for the info Jerms!
Yes, the original Tube Drivers and the reissue models that BK is making now have internal transformers. The Tube Works models have the Wall Wart style transformers in them.

I like my Reissue Tube Driver but admittedly, I don't use that much.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
JP30

Post by JP30 »

i had a chance to try out BK Butler tube driver. I was supprised that it did not sound like overdrive to me. i am so use to Tube screamer or BOSS stuff.

It was fuzzy and very thick.... I liked it. :badteeth:

i wonder if God Pusher is fuzzier. . . .
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

yeh.. not an OD to my ears as well... very fuzzy top end and huge bottom. I couldnt really get into it for some reasons... so I flipped it after 2 years. I've always found it a pedals for solos not heavy riffing.
Live Slow... Die old...
Cado

Post by Cado »

I love the BK Butler Tube Driver. I picked up a used one with a bias knob which I keep maxed out. There are a few quirks though; flat eq response is at 4 on bass & treble settings, and tube crunch is lost when drive is over half way up. I have a feeling that Fausto's Valve Klipper is going to kick the Butler right in the tube. :hihi:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Cado wrote:I love the BK Butler Tube Driver. I picked up a used one with a bias knob which I keep maxed out. There are a few quirks though; flat eq response is at 4 on bass & treble settings, and tube crunch is lost when drive is over half way up. I have a feeling that Fausto's Valve Klipper is going to kick the Butler right in the tube. :hihi:
That will be interesting to hear. I didn't get in on the original list for the Valve Klipper but added my name as an alternate in case someone drops out.

I also have the bias knob model and I when I first got it I ran it at about 1/4 setting or less, then I switched to a 12AU7 and now I run the bias knob full on. I may go back to the 12AX7 tube, I found it was a lot thicker sounding.

Like JP said though, it is a different sound that took me some getting used to but I like it and have kept it around. I wish I would have waited and bought used though, the prices have really bottomed out on those now.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

The god pusher is more of a distortion than an overdrive...it can get very saturated but it's clarity is still right there...as you begin to max out the output control it gets fuzzy!!! The tone controls are very effective although I would say the pedal definately has an overall "character" to it...to compare it to my sonic Titan it's less midrangy, more open sounding, maybe a tad less focused. Seriously guys I'll try and make some clips of it soon! If I can get my hands on a butler I'll try and do some comparason clips....need to borrow one though, from what everyone saying here I don't think I'd really like the bk version
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")