Burlap Baggin'

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

kb892

Burlap Baggin'

Post by kb892 »

So the wife and I and the pets are packing up and moving and I'm boxing up my pedals. All the old DAMs are going back in their burlap bags that look like they were hand sewn. So, my not so frequently asked question is:

What's the story on the old burlap bags?
The Captain

Re: Burlap Baggin'

Post by The Captain »

Ah the old burlaps. We used to get em from our (cardboard) box supplier. They stopped selling em so I switched to the fancy pants draw strings we got now. btw - those are made by fair trade means in India.
Those burlaps were made from old peanut sacks. Some of our bags have the peanut company print inside and some the odd peanut. They might be a tasty snack in your old D*A*M sack and you don't even know it :hihi:
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

Graham

Post by Graham »

The Captain wrote:Ah the old burlaps. We used to get em from our (cardboard) box supplier. They stopped selling em so I switched to the fancy pants draw strings we got now. btw - those are made by fair trade means in India.
Those burlaps were made from old peanut sacks. Some of our bags have the peanut company print inside and some the odd peanut. They might be a tasty snack in your old D*A*M sack and you don't even know it :hihi:
I always thought that old OC81D mk2 was !Nuts! now I know its those skanky old bags!! Ever have anyone with allergic responses to the earlier pedals - I wouldn't like to swear its the bags but one or two of my oldest DAM pedals (that incidentally came in those brown scratchy bags) brought me out in a hot sweat and made my ears go all "funny" kind of hot and burning - obvious allergy issues!" :marx:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

:hihi: The secrets out. It was really the peanuts that gave the MKII's the old school stank. :mrgreen:
the_original_mr_nice

Post by the_original_mr_nice »

The Captain wrote::hihi: The secrets out. It was really the peanuts that gave the MKII's the old school stank. :mrgreen:
Bring back the peanuts :tu: In years to come when the 'true' story of D*A*M is told in epic saga style there will be some who swear that only the most powerful and revered of all D*A*M (re)creations were protected by the burlap bags......
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

I still use my old peanut sack to transport the Sonic Titan around. The string came unravelled so I Gaffer Taped it back together. Nuts are good.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
kb892

Post by kb892 »

So I picked up a new Deluxe in a trade and lo and behold the pedal bags have changed! Kind of a cross between the old Indian burlap and the more recent flour sack style. What's the story? Are all the pedals going to be in these or is this just for the smaller boxes?
Attachments
deluxe002.jpg
deluxe002.jpg (674.4 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
deluxe001.jpg
deluxe001.jpg (600.38 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

Sexy ass pedal my man..........where are the P-Nuts?
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Oh noes, you've changed the burlap baggies, and you're leaving out the LEDs? Think of the tone man, think of the tone!
Next you'll be changing the hamster cage shavings in the boxes and the sky will fall....

EDIT: I just realised I've never had a MHDeluxe. Have to remedy that...Joe! Joe! Are you listening Joe?
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys