I want to be Dam-ed

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

Blobcaster

Re: I want to be Dam-ed

Post by Blobcaster »

wait,what?so i have to try & get a Super Bee all over again when they're in stock?D*A*M i was hoping i got on a list because i contacted them really fast,i just didn't feel like calling international + the website said in-stock for days after i sent my contact info :doh: :errr: .
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

Blobcaster wrote:wait,what?so i have to try & get a Super Bee all over again when they're in stock?D*A*M i was hoping i got on a list because i contacted them really fast,i just didn't feel like calling international + the website said in-stock for days after i sent my contact info :doh: :errr: .
I'm under the impression that V&R are keeping track of who contacted them first and what not and will offer the opportunity to buy based on that order. Call it a list if you want.

Donovan, is that right?
Braden

Post by Braden »

Poorbob wrote:
Blobcaster wrote:wait,what?so i have to try & get a Super Bee all over again when they're in stock?D*A*M i was hoping i got on a list because i contacted them really fast,i just didn't feel like calling international + the website said in-stock for days after i sent my contact info :doh: :errr: .
I'm under the impression that V&R are keeping track of who contacted them first and what not and will offer the opportunity to buy based on that order. Call it a list if you want.

Donovan, is that right?
I don't think that is right. This was posted:
fuzzlight wrote:This is generally how things are going to work: there will be no waitlists as such but I will be compiling a mailing list from all your enquiries. When stock becomes available you will get notification and an opportunity to buy. This will have to operate on a first come first served basis; however if you do miss out then you will go back on the mailing list for next time. This way the pedals are always moving, Dave gets paid and continues to make more 'lovelies', I get more stock for you folks faster and so hopefully soon we will clear the backlog and everyone is happy. :dance:
Seems to indicate everyone is on a mailing list so when new stock is available, everyone is notified and it is first come first serve at that point.
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

Oh, well, that's interesting. Thanks.
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Yeah, I think it's first come, first served after they send out the word that they have pedals in stock.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Poorbob wrote:I'm under the impression that V&R are keeping track of who contacted them first and what not and will offer the opportunity to buy based on that order. Call it a list if you want.
That would be a wait list.

If you have or do make an enquiry to V&R your details will be added to a mailing list. Once V&R have stock a group mail will be sent out to notify that they have stock available. That's where the first come first served thing comes into play. You pay your money, you gets a pedal.

Yes its a little harsher than how I did it but I would say this is more professional.

The main trouble with wait lists is this....

Say you have a list of 50 names for a whatever you want to think of.

The whatever's get made and an email is sent to notify the people on the list they have a whatever waiting for them. 20 folk pay up straight away and their whatever's go out into the world to new homes. Another 10 folk have changed their minds as the whatever took forever to get made and they got one somewhere else or just don't want one any more. Say if the planets were all aligned correctly, we could say this example, so far, all happened in one day. So the next day we have 20 wahtever's that are unclaimed. The people waited a long time for this whatever to be made so lets give them a few days to get in touch, they could be out of town maybe. A few days pass and say 5 more are paid for.
We come to the end of a week and we have 15 whatever's left unclaimed...hmm what to do? We could try calling them or send some more emails out. Two different paths come into view now. If this is the only list for this whatever the only choice would be to keep on slogging away until they all eventually were sold to the folk who originally wanted one. Failing that we could try selling them else where, an on-line auction for example. Hmmm more time sent trying to sell them but we need to sell them so the whoever can make more whatever's.
Lets now say this whatever is really popular so you have 2 or 3 lists and not just one. Ahh great! We'll just see if the folk on the next list want one now rather than later. So emails are sent to the 15 people on the second list. 10 are sold right away. Great, only 5 left. Say 2 folk cancel and only 3 of the 15 don't respond after 3 days. We are nearing the end of week 2 now but we nearly sold them all. Oh but wait we eventually get 3 folk email from list 1 asking for their pedals. Its okay we have 5 left oh but wait, we are still waiting for the last 3 we offered one too on second list to get back, we'd need 6 if they all want one. Well we have to sell the whatever's so 3 go off to the 3 folk who eventually got in touch from list 1. We have 2 left and 3 possible folk wanting one. A few more days pass and the last 2 are sold and one of the 3 fortunately is a no show.

In the real world this took about 3 weeks to occur. You are behind on your other duties now, whether its selling other things or if you a retarded you might even build pedals and run your own wait list. :scared:

...and that's why wait lists suck ass. :fu:

Wait lists that involve money upfront are a different kettle of fish. They demand a certain commitment from the customer, a financial one, which means they are more likely to think the purchase over before they comment and less likely to not bother getting in touch when the goods are to hand.

Our new method with V&R, as I said, will take time to get up to full steam. Once we are there though this system will make prefect sense with the stock levels they get through the doors.

:party:
Philip

Post by Philip »

In other words, fuck wait lists! :hihi: :fu:
Cado

Post by Cado »

I figure this is why, in Dave's case, it's good to sell everthing through one store. This way, we don't have to contact 36 differint stores looking for a D*A*M & it keeps things simple on Dave's part as well. The MK II's are different, they be Sola Sound devices now, correct? V&R is a retail shop, all they do is sell stuff, so it's not like they are prevented from doing other tasks.
Last edited by Cado on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themessenger

Post by Themessenger »

What you need to do is reopen the MKii list and or make my pedal with supplied transistors.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

I think Dave should stop his whole production line to help this brother out... he's just too cool!
C'mon kids, stop playing with solders, you NEED to do shit right! let's change direction!
:captain:
Live Slow... Die old...