What makes D*A*M pedals so effing good?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

Jim Goad

Re: What makes D*A*M pedals so effing good?

Post by Jim Goad »

skybone wrote:
Jim Goad wrote:...or maybe it's wizardry.
Electric Wizardry... :hihi:

:bong2: :headbanger:
It's like an orange on a toothpick
NewarkWilder

Post by NewarkWilder »

jerms wrote:sure they're simple circuits, but they're deceptively simple... the fewer the parts, the more each individual component becomes important. some people can build pedals sure, some are really great! but the Captains sum is much greater than just the parts used! he has the ears and the knowledge to make vintage pedals better than most real vintage pedals.... or... instead of sorting thru several vintage units to find the sweet one, davids pedals are the sweet ones.
so, so right on :tu:

if i could, i'd love to collect vintage pedals just to have them... I love 'em, always will, but if you're looking for vintage tone (and lets not forget the modern circuits either!) I'd be so much more comfortable taking a D*A*M pedal on the road than an actual vintage piece. Reliable and trustworthy, you know where it came from, you know who built it, you know its legit and its the GOODS. Or you can go on ebay and take your chances I guess...but i'd rather go with..... :pirate: :captain: :pirate:
Themessenger

Post by Themessenger »

Hype and a waitlist.

People are trying to copy the Way Huge accidental business model. Make a bunch of awesome stuff and then stop making them. The used market drastically inflates. You then have a company like Dunlop buying your name. People will still buy the new stuff even though its not anywhere as good.

Look at Skreddy. Nobody has any desire for his new stuff but his older stuff is really popular.

Everyone acts like they can't find these transistors. Do you know they made MILLIONS of them because they thought they would be needed for MILITARY COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS which was the big thing, the other usages were minor.

Its all a bunch of bullshit really. Thats all it is.

No wait, ITS BECAUSE THEY ARE TRUE BYPASS RIGHT GUYS?

:lol:
tom3949

Post by tom3949 »

:hihi:
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

Donovan, The Messenger is quickly getting on my nerves. Is that just me? Pretty ballsy to come on this forum and spew crap.

Who's your guitarist friend? I'll never see him and I'll never get my amp fixed by him in the future.
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

The 80's, like a decade long bad acid trip. :hihi:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Themessenger wrote:Hype and a waitlist.
tatter

Post by tatter »

I'm glad there's millions of those transistors out there, hopefully they'll be cheap as fuck on ebay when he puts them on sale :coffee:
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinisterfootwear

Fender Vintage Player Stratocaster > D*A*M AA > Arion SAD-1 > Line 6 M9 > Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz > CAE Boost / Line Driver
JP30

Post by JP30 »

I am sure OC81D are great, but what is wrong with OC75 ?.
they sounds great in my MKII.

#1 reason for the D*A*M pedals are so Effing good is that because the captain got the skill. not only because of the tranny that he uses....
I bet he could use Skittles or cajun boiled peanuts as trannies and make it sounds great. . . (or may be not... :paranoid: )
tatter

Post by tatter »

You're right.

OC84s are the holy grail for me and i thought that over a year ago when i tried my brother's D*A*M with OC84s in.
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinisterfootwear

Fender Vintage Player Stratocaster > D*A*M AA > Arion SAD-1 > Line 6 M9 > Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz > CAE Boost / Line Driver