Fake Parts...

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

the blast

Fake Parts...

Post by the blast »

So I just read about the fake Mullard OC81 (or whatever they're called). Is this something I have to worry about when buying a Ezekiel? I don't know what's on the inside or what to expect. Thanks guys. -John
jerms

Re: Fake Parts...

Post by jerms »

the blast wrote:So I just read about the fake Mullard OC81 (or whatever they're called). Is this something I have to worry about when buying a Ezekiel? I don't know what's on the inside or what to expect. Thanks guys. -John
no david does not use fake parts!!!! he painstakingly sources them! :cheers:
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

I think if someone's selling you an Ezekiel with OC81Ds in it, the deal has bigger problems than whether they're fake transistors or not ... :hihi:
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
the blast

Post by the blast »

Obviously he doesn't use fake parts. I was curious if there are any parts that are of value on the circuit bored that someone would want to switch out. I looked & had a hard time finding anything about my specific question. -John
the blast

Post by the blast »

Cool & thanks. Next time I'll try to be more clear. Best. -john
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Wasn't there a DAM MkII on eBay that had the transistors replaced with OC81D? Think I saved that auction...
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
tigerdriver

Re:

Post by tigerdriver »

DucRyder wrote:Wasn't there a DAM MkII on eBay that had the transistors replaced with OC81D? Think I saved that auction...
Yep, David said that wasn't his work...someone hacked it.
DucRyder

Re: Re:

Post by DucRyder »

tigerdriver wrote:
DucRyder wrote:Wasn't there a DAM MkII on eBay that had the transistors replaced with OC81D? Think I saved that auction...
Yep, David said that wasn't his work...someone hacked it.
Yeah, that was my point... the OP wasn't off track thinking there have been hacked pedals out there. I'm glad the builder is accessible to verify any unauthorized funny business. :cheers:
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
the blast

Post by the blast »

Thanks guys. I'm considering an Ezekiel & just don't want to get a pedal that has had parts replaced. Worst case senario... If I purchase it... & something is unoriginal on the circuit or I have to sent it for a repair from California, is shipping into the UK expensive? Any idea of ball park costs? I'm sure someone here has sent a pedal across the pond. Best. -john
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Hey blast, to answer your question...'So I just read about the fake Mullard OC81 (or whatever they're called). Is this something I have to worry about when buying a Ezekiel?'

No. The Zeke used op-amps and diodes...no transistors. There ain't nothing in a Zeke anyone in their right mind would remove and then sell or use separately. A few units did have Mullard germanium diodes but these don't exactly have the status of a Mullard OC81D. As in, you can still get Mullard diodes for like pence.

I'd say there ain't nothing to worry about, man :teeth2: