Break In Period For Fuzz?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

Cado

Break In Period For Fuzz?

Post by Cado »

Do fuzzes break in like amps do? I've never considered this before, but I swear my Jerms MKI sounds better every time I play through it. :drool2:
hongsta

Re: Break In Period For Fuzz?

Post by hongsta »

Cado wrote:Do fuzzes break in like amps do? I've never considered this before, but I swear my Jerms MKI sounds better every time I play through it. :drool2:
At least several weeks of constant playing from my experience ...

Because I'm a giver, I've decided to offer this "break in service" for FREE to fellow members, especially for Jerms MKI :marx:
GREAT transactions with Sickle, Skinpimp, Robapov , Sage, SBlue, imlikeajungle, fatherjack, get_with_it, Aviv and the Captain. Over 100 transactions on TGP (Hongsta) + eBay hongsta (558) 100%.
jerms

Post by jerms »

the guys at sozo capacitors talk about breaking in capacitors on their website. check it.... http://www.sozoamplification.com/break_in.html

i wasn't sure if it was my imagination or not, but i too have found that these MKI's tend to settle in the more you play them!! they sound smoother and fuller to me....
mjab-1

Post by mjab-1 »

when i got a couple of ts9/808 silver screamers I remember seeing something on Analogman's site about leaving the pedal plugged in and engaged overnight to set the caps, and that the pedal would sound better after alot of use.
worldcatalyst

Post by worldcatalyst »

Hmmm... Interesting thought. I could have sworn my Skinpimp MKIII has gotten better sounding after the many months of playing I've given it. I thought it was a placebo affect of something.

I wonder if the same concept can be applied to tube pedals as well? maybe I should try leaving my Valve klipper on overnight and see if that changes the tone some.
Cado

Post by Cado »

Thanks for the replies. That settles it for me, what I'm hearing is real! :dance: Oh, and a special thanks to Hongsta who's got my back, your the best! :tu:
tatter

Post by tatter »

Someone needs to tell the people on the gear page :coffee:
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinisterfootwear

Fender Vintage Player Stratocaster > D*A*M AA > Arion SAD-1 > Line 6 M9 > Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz > CAE Boost / Line Driver
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

I guess maybe my Jerms MKI sounds a little less crazy/lofi than when I got it, but could that also be because it's getting warmer out? Or that the battery is gradually dying?
cubba

Post by cubba »

tatter wrote:Someone needs to tell the people on the gear page :coffee:

:lol:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

tatter wrote:Someone needs to tell the people on the gear page :coffee:
They break in faster if you use alkaline 1st and then switch to carbon after 20 hours or so,

Gear Page exclusive secret! :whistle: