D*A*M pedals and the amps they love to hate.

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Re: D*A*M pedals and the amps they love to hate.

Post by The Captain »

Personally I'd say Valves be the way to go. Fuzz pedals will 99.99% of the time sound superior through a Valve amp, a Germanium fuzz box especially. The Meathead should be cool with Solid State being silicon so a little less finicky about what it sees on its output. The Titan too will be coolio with Solid State gear as it was partly designed for use into such devices...the first D*A*M test amp was a modified Gorilla TC-110 :paranoid: :hihi:
100proof

Post by 100proof »

i appreciate the info captain! this might be ot, but i read that the non alkaline batteries work better in your pedals?
thevibe

Post by thevibe »

Thanks for the tip...Target had a great sale on carbon zincs. They no longer have them.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

tigerdriver

Re:

Post by tigerdriver »

Sickle wrote:David and Jon also sell some good ones in 10-packs on their eBay stores:

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ZINC-CHLORIDE-PP ... 53dc48755d

One advantage of these is they're slightly smaller, so they fit into small body D*A*M pedals and the like better than US counterparts.
Ah, does this explain why I can't fit a battery into my grey hammer Titan? :zombiehuh:
100proof

Post by 100proof »

The Captain wrote:Personally I'd say Valves be the way to go. Fuzz pedals will 99.99% of the time sound superior through a Valve amp, a Germanium fuzz box especially. The Meathead should be cool with Solid State being silicon so a little less finicky about what it sees on its output. The Titan too will be coolio with Solid State gear as it was partly designed for use into such devices...the first D*A*M test amp was a modified Gorilla TC-110 :paranoid: :hihi:

you were right captain! i received my first d*a*m (meathead) in the mail today and it works amazing with my vox! thanks for putting so much time and love into these pedals. i can't wait to try more! :dance:
The Captain

Re: Re:

Post by The Captain »

tigerdriver wrote:
Ah, does this explain why I can't fit a battery into my grey hammer Titan? :zombiehuh:
Yah, those old Bimbox enclosures are a mighty tight fit compared to the NSC ones we now use.