Concerning a TB MkI.5

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

Bert Ohlsson

Re: Concerning a TB MkI.5

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

chetz wrote:Is the "crown" the same as a Kronor?

thanks my friend,

Jeff
Yes, Jeff! Swedish crowns = svenska kronor = SKr.

Hälsningar / Bert
Bert Ohlsson

Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Philip wrote:I say avoid ebay and don't be in too much of a hurry to sell it until you've made more people aware that it's available. :tu:
Hej Philip!
Thanks for advice!
Hälsningar / Bert
Bert Ohlsson

Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Scott wrote:Philip is right. ....... now secretly sell it to me!!!! :)
Hej Scott!

Thanks for your offer!

Hälsningar / Bert
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

psycho*daisies wrote:it looks like 20,000 Swedish Kronors is around $2,500 or £1,700. I agree with what Philip wrote. (avoid ebay, and wait until you're sure that everyone knows about this one before you strike a deal).

You'll find your uncle's £19 investment to have been a wise one!

:smashed:

Good luck!

PS: Not sure if Agaphone's used tube/valve technology, but it's likely and if so your ideal sound may be something like "tube overdrive"...If that's the case, you might want to look into something like the Real Tube (tube driven) pedals (they came out in the 1990's?)...Can find them inexpensively on ebay or elsewhere...

Also, check into the Harmonic Percolator..."even-order harmonics" only...smooth fuzz.
======================================================================
"AGAPHONE WIRE RECORDER, 1950's

Wire recorders were invented in Denmark by Valdimar Poulson for an answering machine in 1898 called a Telegraphone, but were not developed for any other practical purpose at the time. Ten years later a company in America made a successful dictation machine. They were quickly made obsolete by magnetic tape machines.

Although this machine carries the trade name Agaphone, this unit was certainly made by another company."
Hej psycho!

Thanks for all interesting info! Yea, I'm probably not a Fuzzy guy, but rather a Tuber... I'll check the interiors and then maybe David can help us with a D*A*M Agaphone...?

Hälsningar / Bert
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

An alternative to eBay would be to hold an auction here on this forum. We do that.
No fees (right?) or are there? Anyway, Donovan, our moderator can help you out with that if you're interested.[/quote]

Hej psycho!

How would that procedur get about...?

Hälsningar / Bert
Bert Ohlsson

Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

hongsta wrote:Or, you can skip all that and just sell it to me :badlove:

It is pretty well known around here that selling cool fuzz pedals to me has some unexplainable effects. Mainly, you'll become a better lover, your children will respect you more, you'll play better guitar and most importantly, you'll gain a super power that you've never had before. I know it is strange but true. :hihi:

(Of course I'm just trying to pry this MK1.5 from you and am looking for unfair advantage against fellow fuzz nuts... Shhhh don't tell anyone.)
Hej hongsta!

I'd love some superpowers! Is your true spelling Höngsta - by any chance...? It sounds very swedish.

Hälsningar / Bert
Sauniere

Re: Re:

Post by Sauniere »

Bert Ohlsson wrote:Is your true spelling Höngsta - by any chance...? It sounds very swedish.

Hälsningar / Bert
Does that translate to "fuzz vacuum"? :badteeth:
Bert Ohlsson

Re: Re:

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Sauniere wrote:
Bert Ohlsson wrote:Is your true spelling Höngsta - by any chance...? It sounds very swedish.

Hälsningar / Bert
Does that translate to "fuzz vacuum"? :badteeth:
Hej Sauniere!

Yes, right! The ending sta is very common in names for places, short form of stad = town. And Häng is the same as hang. That makes Hängsta the town of hanged. But Höngsta must be either a very old swedish word or a brand new one that hasn't found its meaning, yet...

Hälsningar / Bert
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

I'm just taking a guess but I think Hongsta is possibly asian with a last name of Hong...hence the nickname.
am i right?
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

I would take it back to Macaris for a full cash refund of that £19 !

seriously Let me know if we have anything you fancy - I'd be more than up for a trade

I really dont think youre going to need eBay once news is buzzing around these parts !