ALL THE BEES IN THE HIVE - BEE HISTORY

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

spofftastic

Re: ALL THE BEES IN THE HIVE - BEE HISTORY

Post by spofftastic »

I was on the list for this latest bunch but passed - as I took the plunge in November and got a CV bee in grey form downstroke. I asked Joe what transistors were in the newest batch of bee's and he said oc72 and oc76.
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

I think I have yellow number 10 from the first batch......

will have to look to confirm
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
T.Glaze

Post by T.Glaze »

got my blue super bee today,
OC72 & OC76
sounds killer!
Morningstaru

Re:

Post by Morningstaru »

drunkenguitarist wrote:Thanks, tigerdriver. :tu:
There's a grey Bee currently for sale (at cost, no less! :cyclops: ) over at TGP. I was kinda hoping that there was a bit more mids because my amp can't really handle bass heavy pedals.

Here's the FS thread for anyone interested:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=874091
I snagged that one.
A bit of an impulse buy, but boy am I glad I went for it :dance:

I don't know how to explain it best...plenty of lows and a nice kick of gain but it doesn't quite take over your sound, my guitar/amp still shine through.
I am Incinerator

Post by I am Incinerator »

My Bee was waiting for me when I got home! :crackjam:

I didn't get to long of an initial time with it. It defnitely played nice with my Rooster and D'n'F. It cleaned up pretty well. Compared to the D*A*M Sola MKII is where I may need some time to work with initially I feel that there are very very similar sounds and characteristics between the two. I know the Bee is supposed to be less compressed and more open feeling and raspy than the MKII. Maybe I just need some fresh ears?

Then I noticed I have a shit ton of fuzzes compared to last year...I may need to sell off a couple to "finish" getting my pedal board put together...need some cables (patch and guitar/amp) and a power supply unit
stratguy23

Post by stratguy23 »

I just got number 46, I am loving it so far! It is Lime Green with OC71s.
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

I had a psycho lime, not sure of the # or what was in it. I may have pics of it somewhere. I awaiting one of the germ blue and orange ones in the mail. Should be here next week. Should be pretty different from the psycho lime, will be interesting to hear.

Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
evergud

Post by evergud »

I have a psycho lime SB (No. 092). It's got OC71 and OC76 and is a tad more trebly and not as bassy as my blue recent one. I think I prefer it to the blue.
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

Scott wrote:I've got the yellow :crackjam: number 14> July of 2009. 2 OC 76s in there. SOOO sweeet!!!
Love that Gray. On the Gallardo it's called 'Grigio Telesto' and I think it's stunning. A battle ship grey of sorts and pretty hard to find on a non Super Leggera model. Here is my son and the 06 Gallardo 'Grigio Proteus'. More of a metallic grey, but the Grigio Telesto is my favorite.

SSgt93 on Twitter & Instagram.
-Steve
Davide79

Post by Davide79 »

this is my Super Bee...Number 96... I love its sound, I don't feel the need to tone control because, according to me, it seems tuned with the exact frequencies of which I need.. :marx: