GREASE is the WORD

D*A*M Audio/Video Clips

Moderator: The Captain

Bobby DEE

GREASE is the WORD

Post by Bobby DEE »

holy freaking SHIT Batman :crackjam:

when i read the thread where the Captain introduced the GREASEBOX, i nearly shat myself

THIS IS THE D*A*M PEDAL FOR ME!!!!

i'm a fucking 80s wanker. i'm shredtastic and sexy in spandex. i have worn questionable trousers an adorned myself with aqua net and bad eyeliner. i play a superstrat with a floyd, and LIVED the 80s, bitches :freakout:

so i was super cereal excited when a VERY generous forum member allowed me to have his FRESH AND JUICY Greasebox for some Bobby D demos. especially since he had JUST received it himself, and it was SUPER cool of him to share the GREASEBOX with me :party:

i love the way good discrete analog component laden fuzzboxes SOUND and how they REACT to your playing.

the GREASEBOX is amazing in that regard -- it gets sounds that one would associate with chip laden distortion boxes like the Rat and other pedals of that ilk....BUT......it also retains the dynamic goodness that you get with a fine Tonebender style fuzz.

The Sonic Titan was previously my fave D*A*M box......but the GREASEBOX has won the top sweet spot in my heart now. THIS is the sound of a new decade beginning. :cheers:

and it's fucking HAWT PINK. FUCK YEAH!

demos be uploading to the youtube channel now, i will post them in a little while :dance:

THE GREASEBOX -- FUCK YEAH :tu:

well done David.......fucking well done :captain:

Bobby DEE

Re: GREASE is the WORD

Post by Bobby DEE »

oh SNAP motherfucker -- here's the first one :badlove:

Philip

Post by Philip »

Your ''Fuuuck Yeeeaaaah!'' 5 mins in to the clip says it all! :hihi:
worldcatalyst

Post by worldcatalyst »

Holy fuck Bobby!

That sounded way better than I thought it would. Very Tonebendery but also with a different little snap to it.

I really wish I got one...
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

thanks guys!

here's demo #2, where i get a bit more freaky with it :badlove:

i freaking LOVE this box. it's gonna be hard to send it back :freak:

finally.....David's take on the 80s. i freaking LOVE it!

The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Awesomeness!! :trippn:

That is some very cool coolness there, man. Super tight and bulging at the seems. 1981 never tasted so good. Bobby DEE raaawks!

....hmmm, no Diamond Head riffs though... :hihi:
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

methinks Mr. Billy Gibbons will wants to get his Greasy mitts on one of these here pink boxes! :marx:

Great demo's, Bobby Dee
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

D*A*M, Bobby. :shocked: As the Captain said, "It's kinda like a distortion + and extra gooey Tone Bender MKIV meeting somewhere in the middle." :crackjam: That was a terrific throw back to the 80's you displayed in these two videos. :headbanger: Sexy as fuck, my man. Totally awesome dude, so rad and gnarly, it was bitchin'.:w00t: :w00t: Oh yah, dig that new hat you aquired just special for the demo. :hihi: That bitch is gonna get played hard when she gets back! :rattle: Hey, thanks again for putting this on the forum for all the members to view. :headbanger: It was Dy-No-Mite! :party:
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

i freaking LOVE that hawt pink BOX :badlove:

it's like David was making sweet love to my ear pussy with transistors :captain:

there's a certain magic something dynamically that happens with transistor circuits...that does NOT happen with op amp chips.

it's amazing how the GREASE BOX manages to get so distortion-like, yet still retains all the dynamic goodness of a fuzz.

thank you JIMI for letting it come to casa bobby dee for a day of RAWK.....it really made my day to plug into that hot pink box of greasy love :dance:
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

Fucking amazing! Fucking amazing is all I can say.

It already sounded great in Philip's clip but well, he can get fuzz sound from a shoe box, it's just bound to happen.
That chewy midrange fucking snarl... humbling to say the least.
Condolences, the bums lost!