Pigdog Electric Eye

Everyone else.

Moderator: The Captain

drunkenguitarist

Pigdog Electric Eye

Post by drunkenguitarist »

A little late to the Pigdog party, but here's a couple of quick clips I recorded earlier today. :badteeth:
Gear used:
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Blackstar Soloist HT 60 1x12 combo.

Dry, straight into the amp.

A bit of reverb.
waveclipper

Re: Pigdog Electric Eye

Post by waveclipper »

Whoa, loads of glistening sustain on that one, even with the attack pot at minimum. :shocked2:

What's that one loaded with?
daCod

Post by daCod »

there's one of these on eBay at the moment. after hearing this and dearly missing my EE #2 it's QUITE TEMPTING :badlove:

sounds ace man.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
drunkenguitarist

waveclipper wrote:Whoa, loads of glistening sustain on that one, even with the attack pot at minimum. :shocked2:

What's that one loaded with?
I was surprised on how much gain/hair it has. A very good alternative to the Jerms MKI that I had before.
Lots of gating, spitting, and crackling of decaying notes. Guitar playing is fun again. Love it, never gonna let this one go. :hihi:
It looks to be loaded with a pair of AC125's and an OC75.
daCod wrote:there's one of these on eBay at the moment. after hearing this and dearly missing my EE #2 it's QUITE TEMPTING :badlove:

sounds ace man.
Buy it, Cody!
:trippn:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Is the attack pot reversed? so that you turn it anticlockwise for more fuzz, my old one which was similar to that one was 180k bias which meant that the sweet-spot for maximum fuzz was around 9 O'Clock, rather than fully clockwise. Steve said at the time that he had done a small batch like that but not sure if that meant all orange ones

sounds killer :crackjam:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
drunkenguitarist

innerflight wrote:Is the attack pot reversed? so that you turn it anticlockwise for more fuzz, my old one which was similar to that one was 180k bias which meant that the sweet-spot for maximum fuzz was around 9 O'Clock, rather than fully clockwise. Steve said at the time that he had done a small batch like that but not sure if that meant all orange ones

sounds killer :crackjam:
I asked Steve and he said that it's biased at 470K. It gets pretty gainy even with a small turn of the attack knob.
Maybe it has a lot to do with the AC125s? The thing is a beast. :tu: