Savage Henry

I am Jack's smirking revenge...

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Savage Henry

Post by The Captain »

Rogue Sound Blog

Ha! This thing sounds even more retarded playing it back :smashed: Okay so, I used a little tune a made a while back as the demo for this as I really hate doing the A-typical sound clip thing. Mainly cos I suck at it and I generally have no idea what to play if I just play unaccompanied. I think I play better with other shit going off...better may be the wrong word to use there. This is the same tune that is currently on the Fly page but striped back with just bass, Henry and a few subtle-ish other bits n bobs. The main guitar is high in the mix, well cos that's what you're supposed to be listening too. The stabbiness of the riff demo's the tone pretty well I thought.

I really do hope you guys and gals understood my description on this pedal. I hope I got that across?!!? :paranoid: Savage Henry is...well...he's savage. He chews up speakers and shits out the magnet. There is no relent, it doesn't get better than this, yes it is supposed to sound this way, I guess it does kinda sound like my speaker has blown, etc.

If it matters, I used the Gibson SG-100>Savage Henry>Jen Double Sound>Marshall JCM 2000>AKGD190E.

I tried to play a few things to highlight certain things...kinda forgot what most of that was now :hihi: ...note decay, how well it chugs, or not etc. The Marshall was really struggling with Henry. Its just about coping. The tone through the Matamp is way more open but retains the same character. It just has less air to breathe into the Marshall. Its a bit too late to letting rip with Matamp's.

Anyways, lo-fi shit as always, enjoy...or not :fu:

Download: http://kiwi6.com/upload/hotlink?id=wpf8cxlf

Edit: Sound clip added 25/10/2009
fuzz-tone

Re: Savage Henry...

Post by fuzz-tone »

niiiiiiice! :crackjam:
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

What? Savage Henry is the sexy new pedal on the block and he is sexay. :shocked2:
mhat

Post by mhat »

Sickle wrote:Miss Linzi, step in here and take a bow!!

:crackjam: :crackjam: :crackjam:
A lovely looking pedal - I like the description and anyone who drops obscure HST references is good people in my book !

Mike

Where can this be bought? Where should I send my money? :oldgrin:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

mhat wrote:
....and anyone who drops obscure HST references is good people in my book !
:tu:

You can buy some Henry here: Gets Savage!
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Rogue Sound is a D*A*M manifestation
sweet, from the looks of those caps this'll be fat as hell :errr:

never could resist the dirt, looks like halloween's gonna be a little tight out here in california.
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

So are these built by Linzi? If so, this will be my first Linzi made pedal. :dance:
mhat

Post by mhat »

The Captain wrote:
mhat wrote:
....and anyone who drops obscure HST references is good people in my book !
:tu:

You can buy some Henry here: Gets Savage!
Trigger pulled !! Looking forward to that. Am I number 1 I wonder !? Will there be a Doctor Gonzo?

:oldgrin:

My weekend just became 179% cooler.

Cheers,
Mike
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Poorbob wrote:So are these built by Linzi? If so, this will be my first Linzi made pedal. :dance:
Yarp. The whole thing is her creation. The circuit design (used very loosely) is my doing. I did the artwork under Linzi's watchful eye.
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

Bought'd :cthulhu:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.