Blind Mary

I am Jack's smirking revenge...

Moderator: The Captain

mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Congrats to those who scored today
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
Scott

Post by Scott »

it's the only DAM pedal that's not for me. congrats to those who scored one! Now where's my HATCHET HARRY!!???
jetofuj

Re:

Post by jetofuj »

mjkk wrote:Congrats to those who scored today
:hmm:
1bottlerocket

Re:

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Scott wrote:it's the only DAM pedal that's not for me. congrats to those who scored one! Now where's my HATCHET HARRY!!???
...or Savage Henry?
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
mjkk

Re: Re:

Post by mjkk »

jetofuj wrote:
mjkk wrote:Congrats to those who scored today
:hmm:
sexy time, eh :paranoid:
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
stella_blues

Re: Blind Mary

Post by stella_blues »

Has anyone compared Mary with a Rooster?

I know one is silicon and one germanium.Just wondering how they differ tonewise.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

Soon I will!
From emanux's clip I can guess first of all Mary has more volume... the rest we'll see..
Live Slow... Die old...
edkoppel

Post by edkoppel »

I don't own a Rooster but from what I have heard they have quite a bit more hair to them even without pushing some tubes. The Mary can get a little fuzzy on it's own but really excels pushing an amp (or another pedal). It is also really fucking loud and gives you a nice percussive quality to your picking. I like it a lot. It has sounded great pushing a whole bunch of my other fuzz pedals too.
:tu:
Last edited by edkoppel on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
schultzvil

Will work for Blind Mary

Post by schultzvil »

Hey folks, just posted this in the Harry thread, wrongly. I missed out on a Mary, and would like to rectify that situtation, if you can dig it! Anyone not bonding?
I almost scored a Hatchet Harry for trade bait, but didn't. I DID get a Cubic Blue Sonic Titan from downstroke a few weeks back- that pedal is up on the block-
So any Marys that need a new home?
PM me if so...
Thanks,
Alex
good deals with pigeontoe, wheelman, devnulljp, mjab-1, evergud
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

edkoppel wrote:I don't own a Rooster but from what I have heard they have quite a bit more hair to them even without pushing some tubes. The Mary can get a little fuzzy on it's own but really excels pushing an amp (or another pedal). It is also really fucking loud and gives you a nice percussive quality to your plucking. I like it a lot. It has sounded great pushing a whole bunch of my other fuzz pedals too.
:tu:
Just got the Mary in the mail today and have had a couple hours to play around with it. I agree with edkoppel here fully. I also don't have a red rooster but I did at one point have one of the analogman beano boosts and I also have a creepy fingers doomidrive. In comparison to the other pedals I mentioned, the Blind Mary is the cleanest and subtlest of the bunch. Not much crunch on its own unless you crank the "reality" control to its bass-side. But the Mary does boost the signal beautifully and the reality control can be dialed in to be very transparent or color your tone and pick attack quite a bit...quite versatile! Really liked this boosting into other fuzzes as well. Into the savage henry it added a lot of clarity to the awesome buzzy mess of the Henry and into a MK II it added a bit more push, versatility of tone, and gain. Very fine pedal here :party:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")