Castledine Colorsound Wow Pedal

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I had a squeaky wow as well...I found there wasn't any lube on mine and went out and put some bicycle chain lubricant on the wah treadle/ shaft and that solved the problem immediately and made the action much smoother, might be worth a try before you go tinkering around with the inner workings.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
tekbow

Re:

Post by tekbow »

daCod wrote:i've got a WOW Fuzz and had to adjust it just a bit. somewhat same situation as you modeerf.
the metal arm that moves the blue connection/extension of the pot was cutting into the top of the shaft.
had to loosen the extension from the pot and slide it outwards so the top of the shaft was not sticking out/had a negative reveal.
the treadle is a bit sticky but after tinkering with the side screws found the sweet spot.
background noise is more prevelant with the fuzs engaged. only slightly hissy with just the wah. it sounds soo good i just zone it out.

the one thing i am curious about is the wah range.
with only the wah is engaged if you rock it full forward (or click it on and leave the treadle it where it's at) it's like a boost. slowly start
to rock back and it slightly changes tone, then WHACKA the big change in tone and then it's all down hill. takes a smooth slow steady
foot to manipulate the sweet spot. i dig, REALLY DIG, but would it even be worth messing with adjusting the wah pot position on the
blue connection/extension bracket?

:chillin:
Thats just colorsound wahs for you, old and new, my 2 70's ones are like this. the pot should actually be pretty far forward in its travel so if you adjust it for any more high end the pot won't have enough travel to engage he front switch without damaging it eventually. Any further toward the bass end and you get into such low frequencies it sounds like a volume drop and russian radio comes thru.
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

I would say . . . . . bend it if you can - if that sorts it our - great :)

If it breaks tell the guy you bought it from that it just fell apart

I've heard he's a very nice guy and will replace it immediately

In fact I heard a guy came into his shop a couple of days ago claiming the headstock just ' fell off ' his guitar - and he got it fixed !!!!!

ha !

in all seriousness . . give it a go - if it doesn't work out , send it back - perfect or broken and I'll sort it out

Ant
jetofuj

Re:

Post by jetofuj »

get_with_it wrote: In fact I heard a guy came into his shop a couple of days ago claiming the headstock just ' fell off ' his guitar - and he got it fixed !!!!!
Brilliant :lol:
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

Very nice sight in my office

10 x Yellow Stu Wows just arrived :)
chankgeez

Re:

Post by chankgeez »

get_with_it wrote:Very nice sight in my office

10 x Yellow Stu Wows just arrived :)
Wot, Ant, no family snap shot?
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Well, I've been rocking mine pretty regularly for the past 6 months or so since I got it. Certainly my favorite wah I've owned...and I've owned far too many. Its got such a wonderful and wide sweep, really pleasant and subtle boost when engaged, and it's just leagues more reliable than a vintage unit of similar ilk. Really wonderful product IMO...buy with confidence!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
mopfloyd

Re: Castledine Colorsound Wow Pedal

Post by mopfloyd »

Cheers Ant,rocking foot back and forth in anticipation!
Electricity

Post by Electricity »

Is there any chance of getting this beautiful wah in a different color?
Electricity

Post by Electricity »

Is there any chance of getting this beautiful wah in a different color?