Castledine Colorsound Wow Pedal

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

joegagan

Post by joegagan »

i think the price is quite good, considering what goes into these, and the rarity. wish i could spring for one right now!
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

:oldgrin:

They landed today and look quite beautiful - better in real life !!!

Will test drive one when I get into work tomorrow .
Philip

Post by Philip »

They would look ultra cool in this metallic red/candy apple red colour. :badlove:

Slick work as always stu! :tu:
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

So nice! :drool2: I am so painfully broke though...
The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Another nice job guys
warhorse

Re: Castledine Colorsound Wow Pedal

Post by warhorse »

#5 came in today! Just got finished playing it for 3 hours. This thing is a work of art and sounds incredible.

Thanks Ant, Stu and everyone else at Colorsound! :tu:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Number 10 landed in Seattle today. :marx: Totally great pedal. :badteeth: Throaty, tons of sweep, and a smooth phased tone and you rock it around. :crackjam: Totally smitten with it so far. Big big thanks and kudos are due for Stu Castledine and the Macaris, y'all knocked it outta the park on this one I think! :cheers: I'm starting to get quite a colorsound collection going here that I'm pretty happy about (not Graham status but I'm pleased nonetheless) :paranoid:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

Hey, I'm having a problem with my Wow pedal and wonder if anyone has a suggestion.

I got this a few weeks ago and never got around to playing it much until the last few days. It sounds good although there seems to be a design flaw. It is incredibly noisy and pretty much useless when tracking in the same room with it. Meaning the enclosure itself is highly noisy when rocking the treadle back and forth. It's fine if I leave it in a cocked position but when using it as intended it squeaks and creaks like crazy.

It looks like the metal piece that goes up and down (under the foot rest) in and out of the body cavity, is rubbing against the enclosure. I've tried slightly bending the part over but it just goes back into the same position. I don't want to force it too hard and break it. This being my first Colorsound wah I'm not sure if there is an easy fix or if these cases are notorius for this or not. But I like the wah and would love to be able to use it. just can't record with the squeaking and creaking. Any suggestions? It's a brand new pedal and pretty much did this out of the box, so it can't be from age or anything. Just seems like it wasn't lined up properly or the cut for the metal piece isn't big enough.

Is there an easy fix? I'd like to fix it myself if it's a common problem, otherwise I'll have to send it out. I should have tested it right away but I've been too busy to really give it a go.
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Ask for a replacement. :tu:
daCod

Post by daCod »

i've got a WOW Fuzz and had to adjust it just a bit. somewhat same situation as you modeerf.
the metal arm that moves the blue connection/extension of the pot was cutting into the top of the shaft.
had to loosen the extension from the pot and slide it outwards so the top of the shaft was not sticking out/had a negative reveal.
the treadle is a bit sticky but after tinkering with the side screws found the sweet spot.
background noise is more prevelant with the fuzs engaged. only slightly hissy with just the wah. it sounds soo good i just zone it out.

the one thing i am curious about is the wah range.
with only the wah is engaged if you rock it full forward (or click it on and leave the treadle it where it's at) it's like a boost. slowly start
to rock back and it slightly changes tone, then WHACKA the big change in tone and then it's all down hill. takes a smooth slow steady
foot to manipulate the sweet spot. i dig, REALLY DIG, but would it even be worth messing with adjusting the wah pot position on the
blue connection/extension bracket?

:chillin:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")