D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

kelvinator60

Post by kelvinator60 »

Yeah just spent some time with it. Really great pedal. Given that the boards were made by Stu it is not surprising that these remind me of the Castledine MKIV and 2 knob Park clones of his I have had. There is a TON of headroom on the volume knob. Unity is at around 11 o'clock for mine. So lots of extra room on the dial. Rolling the volume knob back doesn't yield cleanup but rather all kinds of different fuzz shades.
RabbitPunch

Post by RabbitPunch »

I got mine yesterday and I'm not necessarily saying that the MK IV is responsible but...my whole block lost power after playing this beast for about an hour. :badlove:
Before bringing up drugs with your kids, hook your turntables up to a wah-wah pedal.
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

:crackjam:
Everything is transitional.
Stu

Re:

Post by Stu »

kelvinator60 wrote:Yeah just spent some time with it. Really great pedal. Given that the boards were made by Stu it is not surprising that these remind me of the Castledine MKIV and 2 knob Park clones of his I have had. There is a TON of headroom on the volume knob. Unity is at around 11 o'clock for mine. So lots of extra room on the dial. Rolling the volume knob back doesn't yield cleanup but rather all kinds of different fuzz shades.
I only drew up the PCB layout, copied from an original one. The sound is all Dave and Linzi.
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV

Post by anemochore »

Just got #46...Beautiful, a job well done!!! Our other guitarist has a vary dominating presence for the most part using overdriven tubes. The MkIV sits right up there in the mix and adds just the right amount of character. That's why I love the Fuzz!
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
garyrogue

Post by garyrogue »

I have last one of the first batch (I believe) on its way to me know. Oh yea
daCod

Post by daCod »

you will NAAAAAAT be disappointed :party:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
garyrogue

Post by garyrogue »

So correct, I really really like this, a nice different voice. Nice an tight, cutting and very versatile sounds with tone control. Yea, glad I got thie one.
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

The evolution of the D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV. Where we've been and where we're going. :party:
The Captain wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:36 pm Needless to say this point was going to come. Been making these Sola Sound Tone Benders for a good wee while now so only a matter of time before we get acquainted with the more technologically advanced of the family. The origins. Tone Bender MKIII, Tone Bender MKIV. Same party different frock.
Product number 5 - NKT OC84N's

Project number 5.1 - NKT OC84N's

Project number 5.2 - 3x OC75's

Project number 5.3 - 3x 'green jacket' Mullard OC82D’s
available in these two flavors

Project number 5.4 - 3x OC75's. a.k.a. The Orange Monster (Reverb exclusive)

Project number 5.5 - OC75/OC82D/OC75

Project number 5.6 - 3x 'green jacket' OC82D’s. (SOTGB) Son of the Green Bastard.

Project number 5.7 - 2x 'green jacket' OC82D/'blue jacket' OC45. (ESOTGB) Evil Son of the Green Bastard. The Black Sunday edition.

_________________________________________________________________________________
"Progression is going forwards. Going backwards is regression. Going sideways is just gression."
Last edited by fendersilver on Sun May 19, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

I scored a green one when I was in London . It sounds even better than I imagined it would . Do I need the others ;)?