D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender 'El Diablo'

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender 'El Diablo'

Post by redeyeflight »

No clips/demos of this one yet, eh? That will have to change when mine lands in Seattle!! :crackjam:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
mam8dg

Post by mam8dg »

super fucking pumped to play the diablo!! looking forward to hear other people's impressions when they start to land.
migsmoon.bandcamp.com
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

just A/B'd El Diablo and Pro MKII .

El Diablo is a MKII . . on fire !

the clean up is entirely different . . .I will leave the rest to the clip makers !
duaner58

Post by duaner58 »

Diablo preferring single coil or humbucking guitars at this point? I really prefer me some EVEAL fuzz on SC's!!!
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

This Diablo has some of what I love to break out of a solidstate amp. First thing this turned my jazzmaster / bandmaster into Greg Ginn. Cranked it and it did that Jon Spencer vacuum cleaner thing. Eased up and played maybe Iron Maiden- so now it's sounding like what -goosed Marshalls? I love this thing!
Scott

Post by Scott »

duaner58 wrote:Diablo preferring single coil or humbucking guitars at this point? I really prefer me some EVEAL fuzz on SC's!!!
I tried it with all the different pickups and here's my take. Sounds amazing with single coils, of course. Sounds pretty good with humbuckers. Sounded awful with my old Gibson's P90s. :party:
kelvinator60

Post by kelvinator60 »

Did the P90s sound bad if you rolled back on the volume on the guitar to around 9? I know with P90s and Vox Tonebenders I could never get it to sound right at full blast on the guitar, had to roll it back.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Good point. It was okay when rolled back to about the 7-9 range. Forgot to mention that. Good call.
kelvinator60

Post by kelvinator60 »

Yeah from my experience (your mileage may vary) P90s are muddy with fuzz. My P90 guitars are hollow too (ES330 and ES350t) which doesnt help. It is almost like a vocalist standing too close to a mic and it sounding muddy, but move back a bit and it works. P90s sound wonderful with Fuzztones with the guitar volume at 10 though which makes sense really being a Gibson circuit.
duaner58

Post by duaner58 »

Played the diablo today with the band, after a good 15 min space jam I kicked the diablo on and loosely jammed "How many more times"..fucking A this pedal sounds great with a tele.