D*A*M/Sola Sound Professional MKII 'The Green Bastard'

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

D*A*M/Sola Sound Professional MKII 'The Green Bastard'

Post by The Captain »

Like an archaic horror from a crystalline swamp. Cool new project number sieben. The Green Bastard. :party:
GB_13.JPG
Variations on a theme part II. Is it possible to make yet another Professional MKII and achieve a differing character? Why yes, yes it is. By the powers of the universal master controller Mr. Macari acquired a somewhat jaw dropping stash of rocking horse poop, in the form of the legendary Mullard OC82D, the green jacket wearing boss of all driver devices. No mean feet nor an every day score. I've made no more than a hand full of D*A*M noise makers over the past decade with such transistors inside. A very similar device to the white jacket OC81D's that I used to use but with a little more fire in the belly. Anthony concocted the colour scheme and the collar and cuffs were matched. The green hammerite paint has great depth to it which is pretty hard to capture in a photograph, like wise with the gold screen printed graphics, the metallic nature of this doesn't help much either, neither do the dull white skies of South Yorkshire. Obviously being a non-conventional colour scheme it falls in the same grouping as the El Diablo, you'll either love it or hate it. But it ain't 1966 no more so get with the times you hippies!
GB_16.JPG
GB_06.JPG
The core tones are all built around the trio of green jackets but you also have old timey Iskra capacitors in there to add a little mojo and give a further extension of character. Needless to say, these parts were all carefully tested and selected so they do what it says on the tin. The simplest way of explaining the tonal approach is to think of the Blue Meanie SCB and the Green Bastard as mirror images of each other in regards to their overall flavour. The Meanie is raw and angry, it has that classic gated choppy attack. The approach with Greenie here is to take the fidelity in higher territories. The fuzz tones are smoothed out, the edges are cleaner and less abrasive. It's almost bouncy if that makes sense? Kinda like that soupy thing I used to go on about with driver devices, this is that, as if the the dynamic response is buoyant to some degree. It's the Professional MKII living up-to it's name, maybe more hi-fi in it's delivery, the shirt tucked in and the shoes shined. Still very much a fuzz tone but a lot less 1960's Grange Rock than the SCB and like with the El Diablo, she ultimately looks like she sounds.
lard.JPG
There are 50 pieces in total, all pre-built, then that is it, no re-runs no revisits, no second batch. Same deal as always here with these products. I'm just the builder. They are Sola Sound pedals, you have to speak to the Macari's if you are interested in acquiring and/or wish to find out pricing and shipping information. You can contact them here:

http://www.macaris.co.uk/

pr0n...
GB_03.JPG
GB_04.JPG
GB_18.JPG
GREEBN.JPG
greens.JPG
GB_10.JPG
GB_08.JPG
fendersilver

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Professional MKII 'The Green Bastard'

Post by fendersilver »

Yes Sir! :yessir: I'm right on it!
green_jackets.jpg
green_jackets.jpg (67.48 KiB) Viewed 8404 times
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I'm a jacket man. And if I'm without one, I am kind of seriously disabled. I don't know how to operate in shirt sleeves."
Last edited by fendersilver on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Let the feeding frenzy begin!
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
daCod

Post by daCod »

oh-lee-fuk! :badlove:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
burgersalad14

Post by burgersalad14 »

Email sent Ant!
daCod

Post by daCod »

anthony's inbox....... Image

:hihi:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

:zgrin: :cthulhu2: :zgrin:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Scott

Post by Scott »

Email definitely sent to Ant for this one. A pedal that reaches the blue meanie status, and goes beyond that is one worth checking out! :headbanger:
Lee

Post by Lee »

I am floored right now :headpop: :drool2: :headpop:

Count me in email sent
mam8dg

Post by mam8dg »

AWESOME. just e-mail ant, hope i got in the first 50.
migsmoon.bandcamp.com