D*A*M/Sola Sound MKI Proto

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

Mr. Legit

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound MKI Proto

Post by Mr. Legit »

Damn, I've been out of the loop for so long, and I think I may just have to wait a bazillion years to get one. I am not really active anymore on any type forum for that matter, but this makes me wish I never quit on this.
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

Sorry to all for radio silence - so much crap going on in London - back of Macaris Denmark St being demolished - we're on a 5 week rolling lease there - so real balancing act stockwise . Taking a rest from Gibson until things there change . All the staff seem to joining bands and touring and Im running round like an idiot trying to run the Charing Cross Rd store while people keep ringing me trying to sell me Insurance / Bank Services / wanting to know what year their Hofner is and how much it's worth to sell on Ebay . . . . . . And all this whilst attempting to populate the new website which has its fair share of teething problems www.macaris.co.uk - getting there ! :help:

RANT OVER

So - the picture on the site is just a box - unless someone has snuck something in there without me noticing . I do NOT have loads of Mk1s at my house waiting to be sold !

BUT

I can confirm that there will be a Sola Sound MK1 in the near future and I can confirm that

ITS GOING TO BE TOTALLY F*%$&&**G FANTASTIC :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: :freakout:

There have been more people involved in this project than ever before - a few new people right from the ground up all with a similar goal and understanding of what we're trying to achieve .

Not long now - I promise it'll be worth the wait .

I thank you for your patience

Ant :cheers:
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

It's a beautiful box, well worth the wait. Thanks Ant!
Mr. Legit

Post by Mr. Legit »

Yes it is indeed, I hope you got my emails Ant! Better late than never! And I promise this time I won't be a pain in the ass!
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

this is great news!!!

i just hope i'm somewhere near the top of that list...?
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon
Darth Sabbathi

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

I reckon the new site looks great - nice work! I know how tricksy that shit can be... I particularly like that my tab header on the Colorsound page reads 'you need more fuzz'. Subliminal...

Exciting news on the MkI. But also... where can I get a purple MkIV?!? That looks sweet!
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

get_with_it wrote:I can confirm that there will be a Sola Sound MK1 in the near future and I can confirm that

ITS GOING TO BE TOTALLY F*%$&&**G FANTASTIC :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: :freakout: :freakout:

Good thing is that you will finally feel free to get rid of this (those ?) old Mk I, now that a proper clone is on its way :badteeth: :zgrin: :whistle: :lol:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

get_with_it wrote:Sorry to all for radio silence - so much crap going on in London - back of Macaris Denmark St being demolished - we're on a 5 week rolling lease there - so real balancing act stockwise . Taking a rest from Gibson until things there change . All the staff seem to joining bands and touring and Im running round like an idiot trying to run the Charing Cross Rd store while people keep ringing me trying to sell me Insurance / Bank Services / wanting to know what year their Hofner is and how much it's worth to sell on Ebay . . . . . . And all this whilst attempting to populate the new website which has its fair share of teething problems http://www.macaris.co.uk - getting there ! :help:

RANT OVER

So - the picture on the site is just a box - unless someone has snuck something in there without me noticing . I do NOT have loads of Mk1s at my house waiting to be sold !

BUT

I can confirm that there will be a Sola Sound MK1 in the near future and I can confirm that

There have been more people involved in this project than ever before - a few new people right from the ground up all with a similar goal and understanding of what we're trying to achieve .

Not long now - I promise it'll be worth the wait .

I thank you for your patience

No problems! Will the batches be likely at like 10 a piece due to transistor selection etc or will we see a big batch like we did with the orange monster?
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

Im afraid somebody has just come into the office and covered my entire face with gaffa tape

apparently I have already said too much

There will be silence from me for roughly a week while i get this off !

:mad:
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

some one sent the krays around...?
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon