D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV part V (Reverb Exclusive)

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

nad

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV part IV (Reverb Exclus

Post by nad »

First rehearsal with mine last night, on ye olde bass guitar! :cthulhu2:

I spent a very fuzzy evening at practice last night, but let's be honest, a day without bassfuzz is a day without bass for me. I don't make it dirty at every note, but I haven't played a song in over 20 years that didn't get a fuzzstomp at least once or twice before the final chorus. Well, other than 2 ballads I've been a part of over the years, but let's not talk about that right now.

I played around with a multitude of settings as the hours waned, although not before trying things out at home for research purposes first. Then when the entire cavalcade of heavy metal met up for our scheduled biweekly smorgasbord, I went to fucking town, as the saying goes. A number of settings were attempted, but I settled upon a mighty three by the time all things came to pass.

The first one grinds beyond belief. I quickly found this tone at home, and with but a momentary volume tweak, found out it worked very well once my drummer starting smashing things. Probably not the keeper setting, but certainly something to work in during the right moments.

The second one sounds great at home! A little compressed when the entire band kicked in, but still quite usable and will likely find a home during soaring (boring?) bass leads. Oh sure, those are few and far between these days, but if I ever get my doom/pop band up and running again... watch out!

The third and final is where things gets interesting. This particular array of knob twiddling lands somewhere betwixt the aforementioned dynamic duo, and truly shines in a big ol' batch o' rawkin' out. At this moment of discovery, which was ascertained at minute 12 of our opening jam of the evening, I think I fell in love.

Now, I don't mean to sway anyone's opinion on what to do with theirs, but if they are using it on bass, I suggest the following setting, my third discovery of the adventure, because it sounds god damn awesome:

"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Wow man, that's exactly the same setting I use on guitar :freak:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

:badteeth: :hihi: ^
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

The Captain wrote:Surprise!

It's orange and it has OC75's in the belly - a fire breather it is.

:party:
:flame: AKA: THE ORANGEMONSTER
9F5DE8D6-DC1D-4391-AE14-F47DB9431746.jpeg
9F5DE8D6-DC1D-4391-AE14-F47DB9431746.jpeg (67.56 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 49#p325359

Last edited by fendersilver on Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikusan

Post by Nikusan »

Amazing pedal and a great way to start off the New year! :party:
nad

Post by nad »

So. I paid $340 for mine and I'm not really using it, because I've been enjoying my Lucifer Rising a bit more on bass. Similar enough tone, but with more lows and volume, which I really like. Since I am not a collector, I have considered selling mine for $350 so that I don't lose much money after shipping/fees. But, I feel a little guilty about that, so I haven't listed it yet.

Just saw one for sale on Reverb for $700 plus shipping. How 'bout that.
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
daCod

Post by daCod »

nad wrote:So. I paid $340 for mine and I'm not really using it, because I've been enjoying my Lucifer Rising a bit more on bass. Similar enough tone, but with more lows and volume, which I really like. Since I am not a collector, I have considered selling mine for $350 so that I don't lose much money after shipping/fees. But, I feel a little guilty about that, so I haven't listed it yet.

Just saw one for sale on Reverb for $700 plus shipping. How 'bout that.
Your resale price - fair. Don't feel guilty. My .02

One in reverb for 700 - scalper fishing for 'that guy' and by 'that guy' I mean someone more than likely who is a blooze lawyer and heard a story somewhere about bonamossa using a tone bender. Again, my.02

Carry on :coffee:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
nad

Post by nad »

daCod wrote:One in reverb for 700 - scalper fishing for 'that guy' and by 'that guy' I mean someone more than likely who is a blooze lawyer and heard a story somewhere about bonamossa using a tone bender. Again, my.02
Hahaha! Perfect. :cthulhu2:
--The Skeleton