D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKI.5

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKI.5

Post by get_with_it »

Electric Warrior wrote:I don't like the color. I think it's a particularly ugly shade of puke. There, I said it :badteeth:
Play it in the dark - you'll never know !!!!

Yes . . sorry for the delay and the teasing , just had to get my head straight and let the Goldie waiters have they're go at at first .

Hard to add anything to what Dave's said - yes it does seem to change colour . . . . everytime i look at it . . . . . . sometimes I think it's the greatest colour we've ever made . . . then the sun changes in the sky and Im with EW on the puke description .

Tonally , I don't think I've ever had a pedal that every member of staff rates so highly - regardless of age and musical taste . For me I love the way a 1.5 cleans up and this pedal just seems to keep a certain nastiness as that happens - it's growl is warm and threatening - I was playing an LP though it into a Marshall TSL but on super clean - and even though I was wearing skinny jeans , my trouser legs were flapping ! Good to know that you're never to old for a new Tone Bender ( the jeans are another matter ) .

We don't have any gold cases as we speak so I will be offering a place to anyone who enquires for a Goldie AND in addition , just to make my life unessesarily complicated I will start a regualr list - and I promise it will be more organised that the Blue Meanie list which still wakes me up in the night in a cold sweat !

It dosen't have a nickname yet

Brick Bender is a NO !

Puke Bender is a NO , just before EW gets in with that one .

I guess Philip needs some pedals to check out ?

I'll be back

Ant
:headbanger:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Yes please! :party:
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

COPPER TB.JPG
here's the one on my desk :)
Funky Druid

Post by Funky Druid »

get_with_it wrote:It dosen't have a nickname yet
Copperhead?
Stu

Post by Stu »

get_with_it wrote:Brick Bender is a NO !
DiscoFreq

Post by DiscoFreq »

Copernicus (no nerd smiley on this forum? :))

EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
26000 pedals, 4000 brands
superfuzz

Post by superfuzz »

DiscoFreq wrote:Copernicus [blink](no nerd smiley on this forum? :))[/blink]

fuck that i'm leaving :fu:
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Darn Ant, I'm really tempted. What sort of time frame between release for this and the El Diablo do you think?
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

get_with_it wrote: ...and even though I was wearing skinny jeans , my trouser legs were flapping ! Good to know that you're never to old for a new Tone Bender ( the jeans are another matter ) .
:
:lol:
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

sciencefriction wrote:Darn Ant, I'm really tempted. What sort of time frame between release for this and the El Diablo do you think?
difficult to say

news isn't really out on this one yet - so you'd be very near the top of the list if you mail me

haven't really got a production time on either

We're concentrating on MKIIs right now - trying to get the list of craziness under control - so i guess it depends how that goes

Im actually too frightened to show you guys the most recent MKII cos you're all going to want another one - EW has redone the graphics - black inners - bug eyes - and they sound incredible !

so . . .another great answer from me . . . .i dont actually know !