Sola Sound T Shirt ideas - suggestions welcome

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Sola Sound T Shirt ideas - suggestions welcome

Post by get_with_it »

A message from Clint Westwood

A few nights ago I was hangin' out with the boys in the DAM chat room - talkin' fuzz, drinkin' hard liquor , sharin' stories of industrial espionage - doin' the sort of stuff a proper cowboy should be doin . . . . .
When suddenly , on the pool table , the Lord appeared . . . . . . and he said CLINT WESTWOOD - GO FORTH AND PRODUCE SOME COLORSOUND T SHIRTS AND IN DOING SO MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE !

And I said . . . . . hot damn - I sure will but where do I find my inspiration

And He said - YOU DOZY GIT - YOU'RE SURROUNDED BY FUZZ FREAKS - ASK THEM AND THE BEST IDEAS EVER SHALL ABOUND - i MAY EVEN WANT ONE MYSELF - WHITE IF POSSIBLE !

:coffee: Thanks Clint - you should cut down on those pills mate - Ant :roll:

So - any ideas gratefully accepted - Have no idea what we'll make - there are obvious ones - Fuzz Box / tone Bender logos - but I would love to know what people would really like - Pro MKII shirt ? The Birth of the DAM / Sola Sound thing ? Macaris London on there ? vintage ? modern ? colours ? I think the only thing I don't want to do is copy anyone else's shirt - I think there's loads of really cool original imagery - but if you have a favorite - just yell .

PS . Thanks to my late and great friend Paul Hofner for the Pool table story ( taken from his song 'The true story of Gretschen Hofner' )

Summer is coming and so is T Shirt weather :) :dance:
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

I'd love to wear a Sola Sound logo on a yellow t-shirt:

Maybe you could use one of those print on demand t-shirt places (like cafepress, zazzle, spreadshirt..) to handle it, so you could offer a wide range of colors and prints..
Everything is transitional.
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

Lovin it already !!!! EW - How did I know you'd be first in !!!!

I have a really good t shirt guy - but don't know how samll a run he'll do - but I'll look into the POD places

thanks

Ant
Philip

Post by Philip »

Can you use the same t shirts as the dam one's? The material is excellent on those.

IMO the past is past, I'd go with new things, even if those new things are reissues etc. Keep the t-shirts relevant to what you make and sell now. So if it's going to have a MKII image use the actual new unit rather than the old ones.

No ideas or suggestions on actual designs etc other than that.

:cheers:
Philip

Re:

Post by Philip »

Electric Warrior wrote:I'd love to wear a Sola Sound logo on a yellow t-shirt:

Maybe you could use one of those print on demand t-shirt places (like cafepress, zazzle, spreadshirt..) to handle it, so you could offer a wide range of colors and prints..
The one on the left is very nice! Distinctive and tasteful.
Electric Warrior

or how about these?

psycho*daisies

Re: Sola Sound T Shirt ideas - suggestions welcome

Post by psycho*daisies »

Yes, yes, yes!! LOVE the old 60's hand-drawn Sola Sound logo. A thing of beauty! ...
(Been dreamin' of this for a while)... :popcorn:

Yellow is dandy, but not for me. So if other colors possible, great. Black print on a light gold shirt more pleasing to me.
or white print on a dark gold shirt...kind of a midnight blue could be good w white, silver sparkle print) or Gray shirt w black & white print...

...just so the print isn't too dark on a dark shirt. Should stand out to a certain extent.

Also: possibly "established 1965" underneath logo on front? (or "since 1965") or "bending tones since '65" or...

perhaps, in a similarly cool 60's typeface--

Sola Sounds, Ltd.
25 Denmark St
London, England

is that correct? or something to that effect...

:hyper:

PS: Colorsound T's, great idea. Would love to see the vertical/curvy Tone Bender logo (but that may be a no-no, depending on DM's opinion...hey, if it's official, it's official.)
I vote to keep the style & colors representative of their era . (eg: SS: c'65-66 style, Colorsound c-early 70's, etc.)
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
DiscoFreq

Re:

Post by DiscoFreq »

Electric Warrior wrote:or how about these?

I have one like the one on the left, in blue with print in red and yellow. I bought it from an online T-shirt shop in the UK several years ago and it's still one of my favorite T-shirts.

The shop seems to be gone now, I'm quite sure it was http://www.wahwah.co.uk, it used to be a small flash site with a small number of designs, but very cool (I also have a very nice shirt with a drawing of a Mini Moog from them).
EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
26000 pedals, 4000 brands
Electric Warrior

psycho*daisies wrote:Yes, yes, yes!! LOVE the old 60's hand-drawn Sola Sound logo. A thing of beauty! ...
(Been dreamin' of this for a while)... :popcorn:

Yellow is dandy, but not for me. So if other colors possible, great. Black print on a light gold shirt more pleasing to me.
or white print on a dark gold shirt...kind of a midnight blue could be good w white, silver sparkle print) or Gray shirt w black & white print...

...just so the print isn't too dark on a dark shirt. Should stand out to a certain extent.

Also: possibly "established 1965" underneath logo on front? (or "since 1965") or "bending tones since '65" or...

perhaps, in a similarly cool 60's typeface--

Sola Sounds, Ltd.
25 Denmark St
London, England

is that correct? or something to that effect...

:hyper:

PS: Colorsound T's, great idea. Would love to see the vertical/curvy Tone Bender logo (but that may be a no-no, depending on DM's opinion...hey, if it's official, it's official.)
I vote to keep the style & colors representative of their era . (eg: SS: c'65-66 style, Colorsound c-early 70's, etc.)
Like this?

I know Spreadshirt can do sparkle and metallic stuff. They use a vinyl foil for that. Good quality. I've had several. Their direct to garment prints are supposed to be decent as well.
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

The T shirts I used for DAM/TB's were American Apparel, made in downtown Los Angeles. Great quality 100% cotton really soft material. A tad more pricey, but worth it, imo. Only problem is having a large # of shirts sent overseas is gonna be costly, unless they have an outlet there.Otherwise could have them made in US and sent from there...

edit: wow, those last two!! :badlove:
black ink on a light blue looks nice too...
Last edited by psycho*daisies on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...