Children of Cthulhu

A fuzz box that looks like H.P Lovecraft’s remote control.

Moderator: The Captain

Brazilian

Re: Children of Cthulhu

Post by Brazilian »

er..,yeah,("is this thing on"), yeah,ok,hi anyone,
Just wanted to say thanks to the Captain for such quick delivery of.....'it'....
I am trying not to type too loud or make any sudden movements, cause...'It' wont let go of my Strat,it's sort of draped over my Mesa,like a baby Alien; things are quieter now since the sun came up,just this eerie hollow feedbacky sound like everything is super sensitive.If any of you out there are expecting one of these, well,its not a normal Fuzzbox, dont think its like a Mk2 or whatever,its not,(well,maybe if you feed your Sola Sound heroin for breakfast) this is the most evil ,twisted,devils spawn,gargantuan motherfucking crazy pedal i have ever experienced, total mind warp!!.Pure genius from David Main,its unbelievable.Its like..Cloverfield meets Saw V,meets Wolf Creek I dont even know where you wud start to get this sound captured on a sound clip....i have to go and lie in a darkened room now(then again maybe not)...............
end of transmission.
"The FZ- 673 possibly the best fuzzbox ever made"
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

:thud:
Hiwatt Bob

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

Can't wait. I think my hiwatts will have met their match...
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Did you hear that?.....whispering......THERE! you heard it that time,right?...........they're coming...

I took delivery of a box yesterday.Thinking it the MKII I ordered ,I opened it up to discover a strange green & black monstrosity with strange words inscribed on it..Cthulhu R'lyeh Machina.
WTF,this isn't what I ordered,another Royal Mail screwup? So I open it up, inside it says it's built for Chaugnar Faugn.
Still I feel compelled to test it seeing as it's here before I return it...

I don't remember much...big slimy riffs, massive seismic rumblings,which could be heard for miles,emanating from the basement.
I have ringing in my ears, tinnitus maybe...no it's whispering...voices, but I can't make out the words. I need to plug it in again...

I had nightmares last night......whispering,elephant headed statues, tentacles, black bottomless pools,that incessant whispering... whispering....he heard it, he's coming to claim what is rightfully his.

I think this box is some sort of transmitter, and I'm sure there are others out there, lurking in the shadows, waiting ...waiting to trick you into plugging in...the madness begins....they're coming!
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Seriously, anyone waiting on one of these will not be dissappointed at all...the Fleshhead is a wall shaking,flare flapping monstrous fuckin' beast at full blast.

It's got loads of different sweet spots...start with both chickenheads at noon and watch for that silly grin on your face getting bigger and bigger as you crank them up. :headpop:

A Les Paul, tuned to Iommi style C#, into a 100 watt 2x12 with 2x12 cab, Fleshhead at fullbore...unbelievable :badlove:

A huge thanks to The Captain and Sickle for all the blood,sweat and tears that went into this project...definately worth all the effort, this thing is awesome....here's to more custom offerings :tu:

And a massive :fu: to all the naysayers out there in bitchy forum land, you'll never fucking know what you could have had :co:

:cheers:
Tricalibur

Post by Tricalibur »

I've had dreams of one of these coming to my door by mistake... and then keeping it... that's pretty screwed up.
thevibe

Post by thevibe »

ok ..I am not jealous but a buddy got his flesh head detuned his guitar 2 octaves and hit one chord on his les paul with EMGs through ampeg 1000 watt PA with a 4X15...well just look:

I will go in later an take the pedal :tu:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

*phew*

Mr. Brazilian, Mr. stella_blues, thank you so very much!! I was a tad anxious about the first reactions to this pedal to be honest. Both your write ups were words of the most awesome to my eyes. So fucking cool to read. Happy, I has some.

:cthulhu2:
Hiwatt Bob

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

i'm still (im)patiently waiting for mine--if anyone else got theirs, please post more reviews and/or clips to tide me over...
professor plum

Re:

Post by professor plum »

Hiwatt Bob wrote:i'm still (im)patiently waiting for mine--if anyone else got theirs, please post more reviews and/or clips to tide me over...
yeah, i didnt score one but i realllllly would like some more info from people who have played them.

i was starting to think anyone who tried to play one just imploded under the pressure of 1 million metric shit-tons of fuzz and thats why we havent heard back yet...
analog love <3/