Children of Cthulhu

A fuzz box that looks like H.P Lovecraft’s remote control.

Moderator: The Captain

jac37656

Post by jac37656 »

Mine is Shudde M'ell. From Wikipedia:

"Shudde M'ell is 'a great gray thing a mile long chanting and exuding strange acids... charging through the depths of the earth at a fantastic speed, in a dreadful fury... melting basaltic rocks like butter under a blowtorch.' Shudde M'ell is the supreme regent of the chthonians, a horrifying race of burrowing creatures, and is probably the largest and most malignant member of his kind. According to some legends, he was once imprisoned beneath G'harne, but now he is free to wander the earth with his kin."
The Captain

Re: Re:

Post by The Captain »

Brazilian wrote: We are all of the 'Great old ones',teleported back to bring great sound upon the Earth...
Yarp. Mr Sickle's is made out to himself. He was the original alchemist in this case :party: Mine is made out to the planet Pluto. :party: :party:
The Captain

Re:

Post by The Captain »

jac37656 wrote:Dave, just curious - why were anxious about how this pedal would be received?
Usually am when I do something new or put out something folk ain't familiar with. I had a huge wave of 'oh noes, what have I done' when I sent out the first 10 Fuzzarounds :hihi: This was something similar just I think I got the point over of the extreme nature of the Flesh a little more. My retarded description and equally retarded sound clip was to get over the extremes of the pedal. It can do some surprising shit but I guess a lot of that is subjective to the user and the user's gear. I'm finding I can get a sweet ass Stooges jam going with mine.

btw - thanks again for the creative feedback folks. Its all good shit.

:cthulhu2:
professor plum

Re: Re:

Post by professor plum »

The Captain wrote: I'm finding I can get a sweet ass Stooges jam going with mine.

:cthulhu2:
D*A*M that sounds rad! stooges and flesh head sound like the makings of a great day. :tu:
analog love <3/
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

the names make them that much more epic...awesome
L O V E
Hiwatt Bob

Re: Children of Cthulhu

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

so, here's my feeble demo. sorry-i talk too much and most of what i say, you folk here already know--but others don't so bear with it. i also did a fleshie-fuzz super-shootshoot with the fleshie, hudson stroll on & mr.soul, standard meathead, and my fuzz face [that vid is still processing, i'll post it here when it's done].

hey donovan--don't want to waste bandwidth, but should i post these vids in the Fleshhead section? for posterity?

professor plum

Post by professor plum »

the clean up on that sounds wonderful. thanks for the vid! it all sounded rad.
analog love <3/
Hiwatt Bob

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

sweet, i'll make a thread there too.

here's the shootout vid as promised (i think it's still processing at the moment, so the video will get better--but the audio is the same).

Mozart82

Post by Mozart82 »

nice!
Richards

Post by Richards »

:chillin: Well my Cthulhu pedal arrived some 20 minutes ago. Its the model with OC71's (pedal #5) , and me likee! For now all I can say is that i totally dig the focus on the bottom end, big and beefy. It stacks well with Super Bee mode of 1966 and with me 36-24-36. Back to me pedals, Cheers, Richards :chillin: