The Grease Box, what the fuck is it?

Fuzz tones for the musically outrageous and mentally overdriven.

Moderator: The Captain

emeka

Re: The Grease Box, what the fuck is it?

Post by emeka »

:cyclops: :drool2: :cyclops:
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic
CitizenAudio

Re:

Post by CitizenAudio »

Sickle wrote:These pedals will not be auctioned.
This is the true testament of our great Captain. His skillz have become iconic, his product has transcended the boutique market, yet his generosity, integrity and love for his work and customers makes D*A*M just better than the rest.
cubba

Post by cubba »

Longest post I've read in a a while Cap'n,
and you had me at every turn.
If that's not GAS I don't know what is.
Only hope I score one of these, the tone seems "tuh die faw."

What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
professor plum

Re: Re:

Post by professor plum »

CitizenAudio wrote:
This is the true testament of our great Captain. His skillz have become iconic, his product has transcended the boutique market, yet his generosity, integrity and love for his work and customers makes D*A*M just better than the rest.
word. he could be the next cornish if he wanted (not hating just observing), and he obviously see what kind of $$$ the flipppers make off his back, but he keeps it real for the people that are not "blues lawyers" and dentists and just have a love of fuzz and appreciation for his artistry and craft and likely even work as musicians and dont have a huge wad to blow on gear.

i was able to get my dream fuzz (thanks cap't :marx: ) because david was into it for the love of the game and was down to do a barter for vinyl. he even fixed my orange sunshine and made it sound monstrous as a side order on that deal.

D*A*M pedals are not cheap, but compared to how much blood, sweat, and tears go into each one they are a fucking steal.

I am a collage student and musician, but i love fuzz and appreciate the artistry and time that went into them and made it work $ wise. I want to get the best tools i can for my craft.

Im just thankful our fearless leader is able to put the best tools in the game into the hands of the craftsmen, when realistically they could be in a museum or in a glass case somewhere. [/end rant]
analog love <3/
professor plum

Re:

Post by professor plum »

the revolution will not be televised.
analog love <3/
JP30

Post by JP30 »

so . . it's overdrive-ish 80's fuzz. :cthulhu:
i like lime green box. :cyclops:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Although this is a 'what if' 80's pedal, it is far too versatile to only be of use for such things.

I used it for the majority of our previous gig, which includes 60's eavy' rock type shit and psych-surf instrumentals.
worldcatalyst

Re:

Post by worldcatalyst »

Thank you! :badlove:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

There are a lot of builders that are doing great work through this forum. Dave has inspired a movement in fuzz that is only the beginning. I predict there will be a lot of great things coming and the Grease Box is only at the bleeding edge of it all. Truly inspirational.

Like so many other of my fuzz-freak brethren (and sisters!) I am hoping to land one of these gems and at the same time know that there are enough for everyone. Good luck to one and all!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Sage

Post by Sage »

Just a quick wonder if the Grease Box is kinda like a little brother (who hasn't reached puberty yet) to the most recent batch of FuzzSounds. Similar tranny selection and all...