The Jerms Switchable Tonebender

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

The Jerms Switchable Tonebender

Post by redeyeflight »

I present my new favorite fuzz: The Jerms MK 1.5/II tonebender :crackjam: Loaded with 2 OC-75's and 1 OC-43 built on a shortboard with a footswitch to engage either the MK 1.5 side or the MK II side. The MK 1.5 is warm, cleans up REALLY well and overall sounds VERY close to Jim's original MK 1.5. The MK II side is a nasty, gnarly beast :cthulhu2: that has just an insane amount of sustain and variable amounts of compression depending on the guitars volume knob position. It certainly reminds me of the new DAM/Sola Blue MK II (from memory) and it absolutely NAILS Jim's original Israel MK II to the "T" Killer pedal here and totally versatile and useable in a live situation...just a ton of combinations and it can get loud as shit!! :crackjam: A real winner IMO :dance:
Jim has been talking about making this pedal for a while now and I'm really glad he got around to doing it. It's really nice to have a warm, super-dynamic, crunchy fuzz for rhythm work and then kick the switch and go to a brighter, more compressed and sustainy fuzz thats gainy and nasty. I've only used this a one gig so far but I'm really, really liking it a LOT.... :dance:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Link to #2 in action...mine's #3 but they sound pretty much identical...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10211
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
blunder

Re: The Jerms Switchable Tonebender

Post by blunder »

That is awesome! :drool2:
Morningstaru

Post by Morningstaru »

Looks pretty great!

Being able to switch between the 1.5 and the 2 is a great idea...I could use one of those :hmm:
1bottlerocket

Re:

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Morningstaru wrote:Looks pretty great!

Being able to switch between the 1.5 and the 2 is a great idea...I could use one of those :hmm:
Me too :hihi:

Another great Jerms build! I am still digging my Pep, thanks, Jim!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty