WEM Rush Pep Box

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: WEM Rush Pep Box

Post by 1bottlerocket »

capricorn_1 wrote:hey Graham no worries, I try my best not to tread on any toes!
I have also heard about a run of the Ge version (which this is very similar to! :hihi: ) so I have no big immediate plans for this or anything! :tu:
I think it would be really cool of you to build some clones, Ian. You are definitely got your chops and while there is the waiting period, who knows if these will really ever get built, you could build a few more masterpieces! :tu:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
capricorn_1

Post by capricorn_1 »

1bottlerocket wrote:
capricorn_1 wrote:hey Graham no worries, I try my best not to tread on any toes!
I have also heard about a run of the Ge version (which this is very similar to! :hihi: ) so I have no big immediate plans for this or anything! :tu:
I think it would be really cool of you to build some clones, Ian. You are definitely got your chops and while there is the waiting period, who knows if these will really ever get built, you could build a few more masterpieces! :tu:
Cheers Tim (you fired the mk1 up yet? :lol: ), well I want one and so does the owner of the original so we shall see.
Whatever happens, in style and execution it would be nothing like a big commercial run from jmi/pepe or whoever and certainly wouldn't infringe any copyrights/brands etc! :tu:
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle
simonm

Post by simonm »

Hi - I can confirm Pepe has produced a prototype of the 9V 3 Ge transistor grey wedge circuit, has his circuit boards and transistors ready and is looking into getting copies the boxes made up and the engraving done at the moment.
Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer germanium fuzz. A different approach to 1960s-inspired fuzz pedals, no clones, check them out at https://goodfuzzysounds.com or on YouTube https://tinyurl.com/GFS-YT
capricorn_1

Re:

Post by capricorn_1 »

simonm wrote:Hi - I can confirm Pepe has produced a prototype of the 9V 3 Ge transistor grey wedge circuit, has his circuit boards and transistors ready and is looking into getting copies the boxes made up and the engraving done at the moment.
cool stuff! :dance:
totally different beast altogether, look forward to seeing it!

Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

capricorn_1 wrote:
1bottlerocket wrote:
Cheers Tim (you fired the mk1 up yet? :lol: ), well I want one and so does the owner of the original so we shall see.
Whatever happens, in style and execution it would be nothing like a big commercial run from jmi/pepe or whoever and certainly wouldn't infringe any copyrights/brands etc! :tu:
Intellectual property sure isn't an issue here as long as you don't reproduce PCB artwork or use the original brand/product names.
The circuit itself is neither subject to copyright nor is it patented. And there's certainly no reason to feel bad about cloning it while others are preparing to do the same as it's probably based on somebody elses circuit, anyway. The red Fuzzy even is pretty much an exact copy of the FZ-1A, but running on 3V instead of 1.5.
Imagine what would be if Dave hadn't dared to clone the MKII..
simonm wrote:Hi - I can confirm Pepe has produced a prototype of the 9V 3 Ge transistor grey wedge circuit, has his circuit boards and transistors ready and is looking into getting copies the boxes made up and the engraving done at the moment.
2 Ge transistors I guess?
Everything is transitional.
capricorn_1

Post by capricorn_1 »

2 Ge transistors I guess?[/quote]

i think simon is possibly on about pepe doing the FZ-1 type 3 tranny circuit, tho that was 3v i think, there's a schematic on his flickr.

maybe he is doing something new! :hihi:

Electric Warrior

hmm... FZ-1-ish running on 9V? Tone Bender MKI :badteeth:
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

according to the interview it's the 2 transistor version :paranoid:
Electric Warrior

ah, just a typo then.
capricorn_1

Re:

Post by capricorn_1 »

nightraven wrote:according to the interview it's the 2 transistor version :paranoid:
ah I haven't got my copy yet! so it's probably the 'lennon' Ge circuit that Brook did the boards for a while ago? :smashed:
I have a feeling somebody (not me!) might beat him to it! :coffee: