FOXX OD machine

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

dirtgarden

FOXX OD machine

Post by dirtgarden »

Got this for repair yesterday.
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Elaborate, please :badteeth:
daCod

Post by daCod »

is it like the Univox Uni-Drive? would be cool to hear the finished/fixed product Brian... :popcorn:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
dirtgarden

Re:

Post by dirtgarden »

daCod wrote:is it like the Univox Uni-Drive? would be cool to hear the finished/fixed product Brian... :popcorn:
Haven't had time to try it out. Looks similar to the Clean Machine. Will attempt to upload a clip tonight.
tekbow

Post by tekbow »

just out of interest, obviously it's not a wah, but did whoever did the cases for these also make maestro boomerang wah cases cos they're well similar
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis
Dr Tony Balls

Re: Re:

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

dirtgarden wrote:Looks similar to the Clean Machine.
Identical!

joegagan

Re: FOXX OD machine

Post by joegagan »

got one of these off ebay , missing treadle, last year. am currently adding a treadle from a dearmond vol ped, but with a bunch of drilled holes to replicate a race car gas pedal. will post pics when done. red and black , baby!

from research, it seemed to be the same as the other foxx fuzzes in circuit ( 3 or 4 trans if i recall, it is at my store so i can't look at it) i presume that FOXX named it overdrive because in the mid 70s that was the new buzzword as fuzz started to seem a dated term.

a lot of guitarists think they would like treadle control for gain, but when given the opportunity they rarely bond with it. ask BOSS, their 1983 PD-1 was a dismal failure. it was a super overdrive with treadle control. discontinued quickly.

back to the foxx, i have seen them sell for around 225 on ebay in great condition, but other owners think they own a golden goose ( $500 !!???)

http://www.gbase.com/gear/foxx-od-machi ... -red-furry
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder
joegagan

Post by joegagan »

dr tony, i will trace mine out to see if it matches the schem you posted. thanks for putting that up!

the sad thing about these i that they used tha huge cap at he end of the circuit board which forces that sorry ass bend in the circ board when mounted,. mine is even more bent than the one in the pic above.

edit- i just noticed the board in the pictured unit is CRACKED. the stres o the bend was too much.
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder
DiscoFreq

Re: Re:

Post by DiscoFreq »

Dr Tony Balls wrote:
dirtgarden wrote:Looks similar to the Clean Machine.
Identical!
At least 1 small difference: the extra Boost knob on the OD Machine :D
EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
26000 pedals, 4000 brands
dirtgarden

Re:

Post by dirtgarden »

joegagan wrote:dr tony, i will trace mine out to see if it matches the schem you posted. thanks for putting that up!

the sad thing about these i that they used tha huge cap at he end of the circuit board which forces that sorry ass bend in the circ board when mounted,. mine is even more bent than the one in the pic above.

edit- i just noticed the board in the pictured unit is CRACKED. the stres o the bend was too much.
Looks to be the same as the Clean Machine but with an output cap blend. The 2 greenies are 47n.