Early Vox Grey Italian-made Tonebender reference (Data Dump)

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

I do not think so mang?
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
daCod

Post by daCod »

helping a fellow forumite with shipping this monster abroad. figured i'd post some pictures here to add to the data dumping.
110% original as far as i can tell. AC135 / SFT337 trans. facon caps up top and down below. sounds amazing. absolutely :headpop:

teh p0rn...

(the one with the newer looking switch is my SFT/SFT)

Image Image
Last edited by daCod on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
j behan

Re: Early Vox Grey Italian-made Tonebender reference (Data D

Post by j behan »

God damn Cody, that's a beaut!
And it's got the 10nf mustard on the output for extra beef. I've only seen the ones with an AC107 in Q1, with the 10nf mustard cap before. Looks like 0.15uf on the input and a 47k across a 100k volume pot too.
Quite a smooth ride compared to some of the later SFT loaded ones perhaps? Or maybe not, the AC135 can be pretty low gain.
blunder

Post by blunder »

I'll snap some pics of mine and post them up soon.
j behan

Post by j behan »

blunder wrote:I'll snap some pics of mine and post them up soon.
cool Bryan, would love to see it.
daCod

Post by daCod »

three's a crowd? NEVER :party: another VOX reached its midway point en route to new owner :tu:

the one with the orange drop twisted over the stock cap is mine. thick and heavy now with the cap. was good before, but now MOAR GOOD :badteeth:
the newest arrival (middle unit w/white paint on top) surprised me. was expecting it to sound similar to mine before i added the cap when in fact, it does not.
sounds almost identical to my orange drop unit. big, mean, loud, in-your-face VOX Tonebender.
my VOX sounded good w/o the orange cap, but no where near where the white paint VOX is at. lots of gain and sustain. crunchy clean up. the whole package.
would one speculate the cap w/the orange drop twisted across might be failing? would it have to do with the cap on the far left of the board? :hmm:

p0rn...

if anybody wants specific up-close-n-personal pics of the two arrow switch units lemme know. will have them thru monday evening :tu:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
j behan

Re:

Post by j behan »

daCod wrote:three's a crowd? NEVER :party: another VOX reached its midway point en route to new owner :tu:

the one with the orange drop twisted over the stock cap is mine. thick and heavy now with the cap. was good before, but now MOAR GOOD :badteeth:
the newest arrival (middle unit w/white paint on top) surprised me. was expecting it to sound similar to mine before i added the cap when in fact, it does not.
sounds almost identical to my orange drop unit. big, mean, loud, in-your-face VOX Tonebender.
my VOX sounded good w/o the orange cap, but no where near where the white paint VOX is at. lots of gain and sustain. crunchy clean up. the whole package.
would one speculate the cap w/the orange drop twisted across might be failing? would it have to do with the cap on the far left of the board? :hmm:
shweeet, thanks Cody! :party:
the white paint one might have a 100k volume pot instead of 50k, which would give it more low end and output.
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

Thanks Cody for:

[blink][/blink]V :domo: O :domo: X :domo:[blink][/blink]
Stu

Post by Stu »

#1092.

Lee

Post by Lee »

AC107 Tranny I havent seen many with that transistor in them is there a story behind it or is just random Stu? I would love to hear how she sounds