The Setup of the Day Thread

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

sluttyindian

Re: The Setup of the Day Thread

Post by sluttyindian »

Nice man, thought that empress trem shat itself?
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish
jerms

Post by jerms »

sluttyindian wrote:Nice man, thought that empress trem shat itself?
yeah i've beat the shit out of that thing.... they're not very durable tho IMO.... i broke the mini switches almost immediately and hardwired them to where i want them... and the pots turn so easily that i pulled the knobs from the middle two so i just have speed and depth... when i use it with BTS i have to tape those up too....
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

A good time was had with these last night. Accompanied by a Gibson Les Paul through a Vox AC30 Bright (non-Top Boost) channel. :tu:
agiant

Post by agiant »

... and my homebrew Rangemaster clone loaded with a AC188 :tu:
SilverTightrope

Post by SilverTightrope »

skelt101 wrote:Image
A good time was had with these last night. Accompanied by a Gibson Les Paul through a Vox AC30 Bright (non-Top Boost) channel. :tu:
All beauties!! :badlove:

I have one of those ARC SE's too, luvvvvv it! :cheers:
~Actually I think Art lies in both directions - the broad strokes, big picture but on the other hand the minute examination of the apparently mundane. Seeing the whole world in a grain of sand, that kind of thing~ Peter Hammill
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

SilverTightrope wrote:All beauties!! :badlove:

Thanks ST! They all bring something different to the sonic table! The Arc Big Green is my first dive into Big Muff pedals. So far, I love it! It's set for flat mids at the moment. I'm kind of bummed the Diode Lift feature was eliminated from this issue... Regardless, it still sounds fantastic! (Doesn't hurt that it looks freakin' awesome too!) :cheers:
SilverTightrope

Post by SilverTightrope »

skelt101 wrote:
SilverTightrope wrote:All beauties!! :badlove:

Thanks ST! They all bring something different to the sonic table! The Arc Big Green is my first dive into Big Muff pedals. So far, I love it! It's set for flat mids at the moment. I'm kind of bummed the Diode Lift feature was eliminated from this issue... Regardless, it still sounds fantastic! (Doesn't hurt that it looks freakin' awesome too!) :cheers:
It really is a gorgeous/bulletproof build...I've owned/own some other nice Russian muffs, but the ARC has been my hands down favorite. Mine is set to the standard/scooped mode now, but I do love the flat setting as well. I wish you could set the mids via an external switch like the standard version, but it's that's just a minor niggle...it really does sound fantastic :)
~Actually I think Art lies in both directions - the broad strokes, big picture but on the other hand the minute examination of the apparently mundane. Seeing the whole world in a grain of sand, that kind of thing~ Peter Hammill
vanguard

Post by vanguard »

jerms wrote:
IMG_1980.jpg
What kinda Klone is that? I've been thinking of either building or buying one lately.
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

vanguard wrote:
jerms wrote:
IMG_1980.jpg
What kinda Klone is that? I've been thinking of either building or buying one lately.
I know Jim had an original Klon.....maybe a rehouse :hmm:
Or he sold his for a small fortune and cloned his own :badteeth:
jerms

Post by jerms »

Hey that's a kwm klone.... Some guy in taiwan was making them for a while, but i think he stopped..... So far my fave klone.... Identical layout and parts..... I tried a piedmont aluminum falcon that advertized the OG board layout etc, but much prefered the kwm... Redeye swears by the klontarf, but i've not tried it yet... I've also heard ceriatone is making a dead nuts klone with the OG enclosure style! I got on the list for that... If it doesn't cut it i'll drop the kwm in the enclosure :hihi:

Still have my OG centaurs... They've been retired from live use.... :wink2: