The Setup of the Day Thread

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Dr Tony Balls

Re: The Setup of the Day Thread

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

1) FUCK that orange cab is awesome looking. Vertical 2x12?

2) How do you like that Fryette Power Station? Im gonna be moving apartments soon to one with much less noise tolerance, so im looking into getting an attenuator for playing and testing amp builds. Need to be able to crank amps at more reasonable output levels.
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Yea that Orange cab is pretty sick looking!
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
acidwash

Post by acidwash »

Hi Doc Balls! Ha, that orange matamp cab has been through it! The badge is set so that it is theoretically a vertical 2x12, but your head will hang over each side of course, so frequently I put it on its side. Looks cooler upright though. Has two big magnet fane crescendos in it and it can keep pace with much bigger cabs. Looks like it had been fully soaked in beer in its day. Even kind of smells weird, but it rules anyway.

The Fryette power station is pretty cool. It is quite flexible and can both boost and attenuate. From my experience, it retains nearly all of my amps characteristics down to a certain point, which is probably okay for an apartment if it was not too late. It will get whisper quiet, but at really low levels you lose a fair amount of your amps character. I like it a lot.
ombudsman

Post by ombudsman »

20180510_211427.jpg
20180510_211427.jpg (520.02 KiB) Viewed 2893 times
Last night's gig, and the first with the Supa Rooster. Not visible is an Empress Superdelay to the left. I don't necessarily use all these pedals with any one band, but I'm in 4 bands as a guitarist and need to use the same board for all of them.
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Home setup today: Harvester 042, Musonic wah, jerms Supa MkI, VibroChamp. Awesome guitar, great big wah, killer fuzz and a sweet little amp. Some days you don't need anything else.

Can only see the back of it in the photo, but I think ombudsman and I are rocking the same Couch strap.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Aceness!!
daCod

Post by daCod »

DAMN! dat wah....

if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Wow rad setup!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

:badlove:
Musonic is almost the same size as an amplifier :freakout:
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Zuff-1A wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 pm :badlove:
Musonic is almost the same size as an amplifier :freakout:
Yeah, your wah should always be bigger than your amp. It's probably heavier, too. :badteeth:
The Musonic is an amazingly good wah. I know it's essentially a Colorsound circuit, but it seems like it's got a little something extra as well. Maybe it's the inductor? Mechanically it's ace: range and sweep is awesome. You can see the treadle is sitting back and not flopping forward as well. Joe put a couple of little nylon washers between the casing and the treadle (otherwise there's only a little spring to hold all that weight), which is a genius-level idea. So there's no flop but it's not too stiff either - can rock and flutter that thing all day.