Rotosound Fuzz Box - MKII OC81Ds - 1967-68

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

jerms

Re: Rotosound Fuzz Box - MKII OC81Ds - 1967-68

Post by jerms »

too too cool john!!! :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :badlove: :badlove: :badlove: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2:
Philip

Post by Philip »

John, can you send this pedal to Rotosound, or better yet to Macaris so we can see some future pedals in this ace enclosure?

Pretty please.

:badteeth:
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

Definitely not to Rotosound :hihi:

Congrats again :)
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

That is ace! The chunky enclosure is possibly the coolest ever.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

So, it is a bit of dream to be having this and the Grey Vox wah at hand... (as well as the amazing greenie Sola!! :tu: ) The Roto came via Cornwall. It belonged to a keyboard player (which is probably why it had the writing rubbed off as it was a footrest.). I cleaned it and the Vox Wah up. Took the red nail polish off, which basically marked the Volume at 3/4's and the Attack/Filter at minimum. Right there it sound's great, but I turned the Filter up a bit and it was perfect! Usable along the whole range, I had trouble putting down the guitar. It does that whole MKII "Cleanup" really amazingly!! I never fully got that, but this pedal does it flawlessly. It gives it so many tones...essentially making the guitar volume a 3rd knob. With the Grey Wah, it is Page "Little Games" tones perfectly. It is one thing to hear other recordings and other's description's of these tones, but quite another to be wielding them. I will try to pull off doing a demo soon...! :freakout:

As far as loaning the pedal...
I gave Jason How the idea to do the project, loaned them my original for 6+ months (which was expertly put together by Dave Main!) to clone and they not only made a horrible product, they made 2000+ that have inundated the fuzz pedal market.

Along with botching up all the info I sent him, (I told him Gary made the original Roto MKIIs...) Jason How repeatedly emailed me saying I would be, "Handsomely Rewarded"... I didnt get anything except a Rotosound T-shirt, some sets of strings and a crappy pedal...which I had sent to Dave Main, while giving them the mean's to make 2000+ pedals ("Units" to them...) they sold at wholesale for $200-$250+ (You do the math!) and I had to ask to be compensated after their pedals were put up for sale everywhere... Never even just a "Thanks!", much less being "Handsomely Rewarded".... So, long story short, not looking to do that again... :doh:
I'd like to enjoy this one a good long while before thinking of loaning...
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Enjoy karmas rewards, man. You deserve them. Fuck Rotosound. You have some seriously fucking radical pedals here, man. Dig in. Feel the love.

:party:
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

I bet you look handsome in this t-shirt :tu: :badteeth:
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

jetofuj wrote:I bet you look handsome in this t-shirt :tu: :badteeth:
I gave it to my teenager daughter... She can rock that fluorescent orange. :hihi:

Thanks Dave!! :tu: :chillin:
Last edited by theemadcap1 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip

Post by Philip »

What a duo! :freakout:

Edit: trio! :badteeth:
Last edited by Philip on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Wow...Rotosound FAIL...that sounds almost JMI-ish. I guess that's life when you're a major manufacturer of goods these days...what's the easiest rip off?!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")