Vintage Bass Octave Pedals Whats What?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

rucalla

Re: Vintage Bass Octave Pedals Whats What?

Post by rucalla »

Neither comfortable nor practical and not precisely "clean" but very cool, my vote for the Korg Octave V (KOT 401) and Vox Octavoice Brass (first boosted and then fuzzed :crackjam: ). For synth bass octave I love the x911. EHX POG (the big one) is cool and far more versatile but it is not so exciting IMHO...

Radiotron

Post by Radiotron »

Bought some more octavers since the last post.

Korg Octaver OCT-1: Only does octave down. Not too exiting on guitar, perhaps more useful on bass, tracking isn’t the best.
Korg Octave V: This thing is seriously impressive! 2, 1.5 and 1 Octave’s down, octave up, built in noise gate and separate distortion controls for each channel. Get one!
Coron Octaver 2: :smashed: What’s to say. Sounds like Super Mario on acid. Evil and glitchy as f#ck.

Also had a EHX Hog for about a day. Great if you want your guitar to sound like a church organ, but not much else.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I have been using an Octron for awhile and have been very happy with it. I recently ordered an Octron 3 but I have not tried it yet. The other pedal I like is the earlier Boss Octaver OC-2. I didn't realize it at the time but there are two versions of the OC-2. I thought I had an oddity when I first bought it. :badteeth:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

I'm curious about the new Octron... my Mutron is just too big, but I'm wondering how tame the upper octave on the 3 can be, since it doesn't have a trimpot like the original. The demos are usually screaming Hendrix stuff, not like the Green Ringer on the Mutron which is just slightly fuzzy.